Shisui didn't say anything, but waved his other hand, gesturing for me to continue.

"I'm very honored, ANBU-san," I said mockingly, "that you had to use your sharingan on me."

The boy had one hell of a poker face. "When did you find out?"

"When the waitress came to take our orders, that was probably when everything adds up. Let's starting from the beginning, shall we? You saw me with Naruto in the orphanage. The Hokage assigned you to watch over Naruto, among other ANBUs. Then, you saw me with Naruto." I paused, looking at him for confirmation, but the tween gave no answer.

"I have no idea why you're following Naruto," a lie, "and honestly, I don't really want to know. The problem is, I'm guessing, that I'm just a quiet girl who coincidentally only talks to Naruto and not with other children. Then, you coincidentally saw me today off-duty, so you decided to take advantage of that to use your sharingan up close to see any disruptions in my chakra. To see if I'm under any disguise or not. After all, using your sharingan up close is more accurate. That was probably when you were reading the menu, bringing the menu to block your face." I paused a little. "That is only a guess though. Tell me, Shisui-san, if I am correct?"

A few seconds passed buy, and Shisui seemed thoroughly amused.

"Well, let's just say that it is confirmed that you are not under any disguise." He replied.

"So I'm not under suspicion anymore?" I asked hopefully. It was funny, because I was pretty sure the boy in front of me purposely showed me his sharingan. He wasn't even trying to be subtle.

"I have no answer to that. Everyone is under suspicion." A smile was on his face, but his tone was sarcastic, no doubt talking about the citizens' hostility towards a certain clan.

I fidgeted in discomfort, clearly having understood his message.

"So... If this interrogation is over, can I go now?" I questioned.

The boy barked out a laugh.

"You were interrogating me, kid, not the other way round."

I gave a ghost of a smile. That was true.

Shisui raised his hand to called the waitress, ordering two cups of green tea. He looked back at me.

"What's the hurry? Stay a while longer."

"Oh?"

"You clearly aren't well fed," he said, gesturing towards... me. "God knows how much food you need. Besides, it feels good to contribute something beneficial to a society, ya know?"

I looked at his Konoha headband in irony. "You are a shinobi, that itself means you are helping this village."

He gave a barely visible frown. "Something good that doesn't involve killing, thank you very much."

I raised my eyebrows. "So this is to satisfy you and your conscience more than me."

He gave a cheeky grin. "Maybe. Besides, the ladies love a guy who takes good care of children! Man, can't wait to brag this to the girls in my compound."

I wrinkled my nose in distaste. Talk about incest.

The waitress visited our table again, staring at my empty plate, then at Shisui's full one, and raised her eyebrow at Shisui.

"You didn't eat hers, did you?"

"What?" The Uchiha spluttered. "What made you think so?"

The woman just shook her head, before placing green tea in front of us. She gave Shisui a pointed stare, before swapping our plates, his plate now in front of me and left without another word.

I wasted no time bringing his dango to my mouth. "Thank you for the treat."

Shisui gave an undignified scowl.

I leaned back into my chair comfortably, before tilting my head at Shisui.

"Why do you want to become a shinobi?" I asked out of curiosity, breaking the comfortable silence. One of the strongest shinobi was in front of me, so this was an opportunity I'd rather not pass up.

He looked mildly surprised at my question, before looking out the window and up to the sky.

"Well, my father was a renowned shinobi. When I was young, my goal was to be like him, to make him proud. Well, I still do, but being a shinobi isn't all happy and rainbow. You have to wield a knife, to kill, and worst of all, to watch your comrades die in front of you." His eyes clouded over a little. "But because of that, I have a new goal."

His lips tugged into a sad smile.

"Peace, Naka-chan. I want to everyone to live in peace."

"Peace," I echoed.

A world with peace. How wonderful would that be?