Chapter 1

The sky was black. Pitch black. The stars that filled the sky only a few hours ago started to disappear one by one as the sun began its daily routine. The sky turned from a deep black to dark blue, to a purple, to pink, to a malevolent gold when the sun emerged from its nightly rest. Its rays of light illuminated the teenaged girl on the roof of the t-shaped building on a small island that Jump City knew as Titans Tower. The girl smiled and sighed in content. She loved to watch the sun rise each day. It represented life, happiness, and the promise that whatever happened, it would always rise once again. The door into the tower squeeked as it swung open.

"Hey, Twilight."

The girl turned her head towards the speaker, who was dressed in a black skin-tight suit with a blue bird on his chest. His hair was slicked back and a mask covered his eyes.
"Hey, daddy."

The man sat down. "We'll be leaving for Steel City in a few hours." He smirked playfully. "Think you guys'll be able to handle a couple days without us?"

Twilight pushed a strand of her pink-streaked black hair behind her ear. "We always do." She sighed again. "I love sunrise."

"That's something you picked up from me. I loved sunrise too when I was your age."

"You mean back when you were Robin, the Human Traffic Light?"

He chuckled. "Well, I couldn't stay Robin forever, could I?"

"Nope." She paused, drinking in the peaceful silence. "Is Mom still asleep?"

"She was when I left to find you."

"Looks like some things haven't changed. You still wake up early."

The man smiled. "You hungry?"

"As long as Aunt Raven or Uncle Gar doesn't cook, yeah."

"Good." The communicator in his ear beeped. "Right on time." He tapped it. "This is Nightwing." He paused, listening to the person on the other end. "Great! I'll be down with Twi in a few." He tapped it again.

"Was that Uncle Vic?"

"Yeah. He said the T-ship will be ready in about ten minutes."

Twi's face fell.

Nightwing placed a gloved hand on his daughter's shoulder. "Hey. It'll be okay. It's only a couple of days."

"I know, it's just that I hate it when you leave, even if it's for a standard checkup."

Nightwing pulled Twilight to her feet and walked her into the tower. "Your mother'll make sure I don't get into any trouble."

Twi grinned. "You better go wake her up if she hasn't gotten up yet. I'll go get the others."

"Sounds like a plan." Nightwing walked off to the wing of the tower where he shared a room with her mother, Starfire.

Twilight's parents, Richard and Starfire Grayson, hooked up after Tokyo and married two years later, soon after Starfire was appointed Tamaranian Ambassador to Earth. They had one child, Twilight. She had all of her mother's abilities, along with a knowledge of the Tamaranian language. She had been trained in hand to hand combat since she was six, and had trained with the True Master when she turned thirteen. She was taught to use her Tamaranian powers only when needed and had surprised all the original Teen Titans when she figured out how to channel her alien strength into her punches and kicks. She had her father's blue eyes and black hair and had natural pink streaks through her hair. Jump City knew her as Twilight.

Raven and Beast Boy were the two most unlikely to hook up, but hook up they did. Raven and Garfield Logan slowly became closer and closer after Tokyo and made lasting impressions on each other, most prominent was the change from the purple and black on their uniforms to white. After they married, they had two children: Marcus and Nikki. Marcus took after his mother; he had purple hair and eyes, a red chakra on his forehead, and his mother's powers. He wore a purple cloak during missions, but was more laid back at the tower. Jump City knew him as Hawk. Nikki took after her father; she had green skin, hair, and eyes, and had her father's powers. Jump City knew her as Veranda.