A Story Within a Story; Paultryk and TordTom

Blood.

    That was the only think Patryk could focus on. He shot the remaining enemies cleanly before skidding to his injured partner, carrying his to behind a rock to be used as a shield. Tears fell from his eyes to the shot wound of the other’s chest. A sticky, red liquid oozed from the hole as Patryk held him close.
        “Paul!” A cough was given in response. A weak murmur returned the exclamation; Patryk had to strain his ears to hear every word being spoken.

        “It hurts,” was what was whispered. The soldier, who was usually a pilot, nodded in agreement, mouthing ‘I know it does’ over and over again- as if Paul’s abating vision could read his lips; he wasn’t the best at lip syncing in the first place.

        “I know it does,” he finally voiced, the words quivered as the syllables passed through his lips and reached the other’s ear. More tears escaped from him and the saltiness of them stung at his eyes.
        “Tell me a story… Oh… Don’t cry, Patryk.” A hand reached up to the other and rested on the cheek of the unscathed man with a weak gaze to the latter. The brunet, Patryk, swallowed and nodded rigorously in compliance.

        “There were two males: Tom and Tord…” Paul gave a short laugh.

        “Tord? Isn’t that Red Leader’s name?”

        “Hey, are you the one tell the story? Now shush… Let me tell you the story.

→←

        Thomas Daniel Larkin was a sixteen year old sophomore with brown hair, void eyes, and the lad was mostly known for his signature blue hoodie that he never seemed to take off. On the other hand, Tord Sterk Brovold was a sixteen year old junior who had dyed tan hair, his original color was a mocha, dark brown, almost tinting to a black, colour of hair. He had a metallic, steel shade of grey for irises and donned a red hoodie, usually, but he was also popularly known for his red, tinting with a hint of pink, sweater with rolled up sleeves. Even though they used to be good, heck, maybe even great, friends in grade school, they split up after Tord skipped a grade in fourth grade and turned into a “completely different person”, sited by Tom. The twain males have hated each other ever since. It wasn't anyone's fault that it happened, though, no matter how many times Tom blamed the latter on their separation.

        “There's no way I'm being partners with a selfish know-it-all who skipped a grade and can't even pull their own weight,” Tom refused as he fumed over the list with his friends Edd and Matt. The sixteen year old kicked a pebble away from him as the trio walked. It was a project for school, about independency, and the teacher didn't allow anyone to choose their own groups. Instead, the instructor placed all of his student's names in a quite large, glass jar. The idea was fairly simple to grasp: two slips of paper gets pulled and those two were partners for the trip. Unfortunately, there was an odd number of adolescents in his class, so he allowed only one group to choose their partners.
        That group included Kanny, Bo, and Eve.

        “We could have been a group of three if someone wasn't asleep during class and got all three of us in trouble,” Edd, the shortest one in the group, scoffed. The retort got the brunet a punch in the upper arm by the eyeless sophomore and a chuckle from Matt.
        “Cheer up, Tom. At least you didn’t get partnered up with Eduardo,” the ginger snickered. A loud groan erupted from the green clad student at the mere utter of the first syllable of the name.

        “Don’t remind me,” he complained as they pulled up to Matt’s house. “It’s not fair; how can she do that to us? An entire week of no school, but we have to stay in some isolated cabin surrounded by water to experience responsibility or some bull.” The other two nodded in agreement as the tallest of the squad of three, Matt, held the door open for them.
        The three usually stayed over at Matt's house, which was painted a dark grey colour, accompanied by a base of brick, after school because it was the biggest one out of the group and no one really minded. As a bonus, the ginger's parents didn't have any quarrels with the three making a commotion, whereas Edd's folks did and Tom's flat didn't have any food at home. 
        “At least I got lucky; I got paired up with Mark.”
       “Pft, what? No way, man, that’s still a pretty bad pair up,” The eldest, Edd, laughed taking his shoes off and placing them against the wall. Tom and Matt followed suit and the trio went to the bonus room Matt had laid out for them.