Comfort

Another round of thunder erupted through the skies.
Tom, Edd, and Matt were sitting on the couch, watching a movie on the dvd player since the television wasn't working. The green clad male looked at the couch and gave a small "huh". Tom and Matt looked to Edd and gave a questioning look to him.
"Where's.. Tord? He loves this movie," Edd commented. Matt looked at the couch surface to confirm and shrugged.
"Oh yeah, that's strange. I wonder where he is." The semi adult gave a scoff and would be rolling his eyes if he could.
"Probably in his room or something. He also leaves in the middle of the night so there's that. I don't know why you care about him so much," Tom gave, slouching into the couch. The brunet with green pursed his lips and studied the boy who had just talked.
"...So you wouldn't mind checking on him?" Edd suggested, giving a half smile. Tom looked up to glare at the boy, but before he could refuse, Edd continued. "Tom, pleeeease," he begged, "it's just this one time, I swear!" When the blue clad man showed signs of declining, he tried a final time. "If you do it, I'll buy you an entire box of Smirnoff." Tom sighed.
"Fine." Came the simple reply after a moment of contemplation. Edd gave a sound of happiness and the other two resumed to watching the film. Sighing, he dug his hands into his hoodie pockets and trekked the way to Tord's room.

He knocked twice and when he received no response, he called out to the door.
"Yo, Tord. I'm gonna come in." He was about to turn the knob, but he heard a click from the other side.
"Don't come in," came the response. Tom blinked. The voice was off, but Tom couldn't put his hand on why it sounded off.
"This is stupid. Open the door, Tord." Tom banged on the door. On the third thump, he could have sworn he heard a small whimper.
"Why should I?"
"Edd told me to check up on y-"
"Well I'm fine, you can go back n--"
The red themed male was interrupted as a clash of thunder and lightning came and Tom heard a small crash from behind the door.
"...Tord?" He called out questionably. When no response was given he decided to just pick the lock, which was surprisingly pretty easy and quick. When he opened the door, nothing could have prepared him for the scene in front of him.
On the ground was a blob of red in the fetal position, flinching every time a flash of light stroke through the sky. Grey eyes were shut tightly as he grimaced, knowing another person was in the room. Gaining a bit of pity on the latter, he moved to the nemesis to sit him up against the wall. There were some moments of silence as Tord periodically flinched at the sounds and Tom not knowing what to say.
"...I have... Always been afraid of storms," the red themed boy stated after he was calm enough. Tom didn't think that he had the right to interrupt the other, so he stayed quiet. "It wasn't this bad, but... Whenever it would rain hard and with the lightning and thunder, I would only feel discomfort. Only recently has it made me become immobile." He took a breath. "I guess it started to become bad one night at training. It was storming really hard and I guess remembering my parents that night, as they were never there for me, triggered it." By now, Tord was shaking uncontrollably and gripping at the side of his legs. Awkwardly, Tom put an arm over the other's shoulder in an attempt of comfort and start to rub soothing circles.
"It's okay. You don't have to tell that story if you don't know want to." The blue hoodie wearing male knew a lot about family problems. His were so bad that he had the illusion of his father being a pineapple and his mother being a bowling ball. Tord only nodded, leaning into Tom.
"I had... These two people who looked after me- Paul and Patryk. My memory with storms is always blurry, but they always managed to lull me to sleep and made me feel safe. I don't know what I would have done without them there or what I'm going to do without them here anymore, even if I was the leader." Tord buried his head into his arms in attempt to drown out the event outside after he finished his small monologue, but it only seemed to make him more hyper aware of it. Tom stayed silent, unsure of what to do or how to react.
"Listen. I don't really know what you've been doing while you were away, and I guess you don't have to share that story if you don't want to either. It sounds like you had a real blast. I'm not saying I don't hate you because I still do and you're a piece of seaweed that had been left out for years- like a decade or something- but..." Tom trailed off as he looked away. The action made Tord look to him. "...If you ever need anything, I guess I'm here for you." The tips of Tom's ears were tinted a light shade pink. Tord gave a smile and scooted closer to him, placing a hand on the latter's arm that was wrapped around him, making Tom tighten his grip a bit.
"Can you sing me a song?" He requested softly. "Patryk would usually sing to me while Paul helped with calming me down. You don't- You don't have to if you don't want to." The lighter brunet male glanced over and sighed, giving a small shrug. He took a breath as he remembered a song from his childhood.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine"

Tom was about eight years old. While the other kids were on the playground, he sat alone in the sandbox, building by himself. Edd had stayed back to help a teacher and Matt preferred to play with the other kids rather than him and Edd during school. He gave a sigh and continued on; until he felt a tap on his shoulder. He looked over, expecting the person to be Edd or Matt, but was faced with Tord instead. With a smile, Tord spoke up.
"Hi, mind if I joined you?"

"You make me happy when skies are grey"

He was captivated by the young boy and shook his head.
"No, not at all. It's the school's sandbox, anyways. I don't know why you bothered asking." Even as a child, the brunet donned a red hoodie. Mentioned child merely shrugged in response. He sat down right in front of him, immediately building something.
"You seemed... lonely by yourself. Anyways, you're in my class, right? You hang out with Edd and Matt. My name is Tord. T-O-R-D. I hope we can be friends, mister king of the sandbox." Tom blinked twice and tilted his head at the title.
"King of the sandbox?" He questioned. Tord giggled and pointed to what he was building. It was a crowd.
"Yeah! I figured you were the king since no one else wanted to be in the sandbox so you rule the land of.. Sand." Tom gave Tord a wary look and ended up laughing.
"If I'm the king and you entered my domain, does this mean you're my servant?" he asked. The little boy with the red hoodie gave a side smile and stood up, first brushing off the sand, then bowing to the still sitting boy. Tom's face was flushed of embarrassment, especially since literally every single person on the playground started to stare at the two.
"I am yours, King," he finalized. Tord sat down and laughed at the flushed expression, but then it subsided to a large grin. "So, are ya gonna give me your name or what?"
"Um- Tom. I-... I'd like it if you became my friend."

Tom smiled faintly at the memory, ignoring the pulsating feeling of hurt that attacked his heart at the moment.

"You'll never know, dear, how much I love you."

It was high school year. Tom found that he didn't really care about gender norms or anything and identified as biromantic. Unfortunately, the boy he has had eyes on is aiming for someone else. Tamara Finch was a cheerleader, most likely forced to by her friends Ell and Matilda, but even so was the best cheerleader out of the entire squad. It wasn't that surprising that Tord wanted to ask her to the winter ball, but a part of him was jealous. Instead of showing the foreign emotions though, he chose to forget the emotions- choosing to hate Tord instead.

"Please don't take my sunshine away." Tom finished the verse as he looked down at the lad. A small, sad smile graced his lips as he pulls his hand out of the nest of hair- how he managed to get his hand in the other's hair was a mystery. The once panicked boy was now passed out and Tom sighed as forgotten feelings and emotions attacked at his heart. He leaned down to lay his head on Tord's should, as he is too small to reach anywhere else, and falls asleep.
"Please don't take my sunshine away," he repeated with a mutter as drowsiness consumed him.