Shot Through the Heart

"There was a time when I was alone. Nowhere to go and no place to call home"

"I... Am not... Your fRIEND..!" Tom yelled as he fired the harpoon. Tord felt a pang in his heart. He thought it was just his emotions playing around with him, but as he looked down, he saw the harpoon poking through his chest.

"Oh no," he sounded as the robot exploded and then crashed- not like it matters. He was going to die anyways. Giving a shallow breath, he fought back tears as the red leader thought to when Tom didn't hate him.

What a time that was. Had it really been decades since he had befriended the blue boy?

"My only friend was the man in the moon and even sometimes he would go away, too"

Tord looked to the sky from the window near his bed at the orphanage. Tears were streaming down his face as he remembered the insults given to him by the other kids. He didn't really have any friends there, due to the fact that he was from Norway instead of England.
"You won't leave me right?" His small voice whispered as he stared up to the moon. But of course, he disappeared when he woke up.

"Then one night, as I closed my eyes, I saw a shadow flying high"

Tord couldn't go to sleep. He felt like someone was watching him. He turned to the side and opened his eyes to be met with void eyes. He stifled a shriek and held his chest where his heart was as an attempt to calm it down.
"Who are you?!" He yelled in a whisper. The stranger flinched at the tone and took a step back.

"He came to me with the sweetest smile- told me he wanted to talk for awhile"

With a soft, sided smile, he responded with, "I'm new here- I came today and there were no more beds so Jamie told me to go to you. I didn't want to take your bed so I laid on the ground but um.. I can't really sleep. So I wanted to talk to you, but you were asleep and I didn't know how to approach you." The boy seemed nervous but the way the light hit the latter was just right and he seemed like an angel. Tord sat up and moved over so that Tom could fit and motioned him to sit.
"My name's Tord. Nicknames are Commie, Norski, and Todd." Tom had a slight frown on his face.
"Those don't really sound like nicknames to me," he commented. Tord just laughed.
"Yeah, well... It's what the kids here like to call me. They aren't really a fan to different people." The red hoodie wearing man gave the other a smile. "So what's your name?"

"He said, "Peter Pan. That's what they call me. I promise that you'll never be lonely." And ever since that day..."

"...Thomas, but I prefer Tom. People here like to call me bowling ball or pineapple head," he introduced. Tord gave a little giggle.
"Oh geez, that's even worse than my names." Tom smiled a bit at Tord and was caught off guard when he began speaking again. "Hey! How about we make up our own nicknames and only we can use them!" Tom nodded, liking the idea.
"Peter Pan! That's what you'll call me. I promise you will never never be lonely!" He had exclaimed. The red themed boy went with it.
"If you're Peter, then I'll be Wendy. Why don't you take me to your Neverland then, Peter?"
"Maybe I will."

"I am a lost boy from Neverland; usually hanging out with Peter Pan."

The kids didn't bother the two anymore. Every time the other kids would pick on one of then, the other would come and save them. The other kids felt like it was too much of a pain and bother to mess with them so they just stopped. Tord spends his days with Tom, making shallow promises that are waiting to be broken.
"Hey, Tom?" He called out, turning his head to the other. They two were currently laying down together on the grass, watching the clouds float by.
"Yeah?" Came the response.
"...We're going to be together forever, right?"
"What kind of question is that? I'll never forget you, Tord."

"And when we're bored we play in the woods
Always on the run from Captain Hook"

Tord pushed it away with a laugh and sat back up.
"Just a silly one. I'll never forget you either." Tom smiled and followed suit. They heard other kids coming out of the orphanage and Tord giggled.
"Come on, Tom, follow me!"
The two ran through the forest, to their secret hideout no one knew about.

Near the hideout, they proceeded to play around, pretending to be various things- ranging from, but not limiting to, pirates, ninja, mythical creatures, and even an army pair.

" "Run, run, lost boy," they say to me,
"Away from all of reality." "

It was night time. Tom was asleep in their shared bed and Tord sighed to the moon.
"What should I do," he muttered to himself. A single tear fell, running down his cheek, as he glanced to Tom. There was a new caretaker in the orphanage and the light brunet had a bad feeling about him. Grabbing his bag with all of his belongings, he opened the window and was about to set out, but took a last look to Tom. He went over and kissed the boy on the forehead and then left, not leaving a trace behind him.

Neverland is home to lost boys like me
And lost boys like me are free

Tord felt his life slipping away from him as his part of the robot crashed onto the top of a hill. He gave a dry laugh as the latch opened and light went around him.

"Sir? Red Leader!"

Ah, yes. The voices of his admittedly favourite soldiers, no matter how many planes they have crashed while he was on board. He weakly reached his hand out, making contact with the top of someone's head- it looked like Patryk's.

"You've done me well, boys. I don't think I'm going to make it, though," he offered. The image was blurry, but he fought to fight consciousness. He repeatedly blinked to help.

"Sir, I don't understand." Paul. This one was Paul. His voice seemed strained and sad. It might have broke in the middle. Tord gave another laugh.

"There's a harpoon in my chest. I should already be dead, lads." He tilted his head up and closed his eyes.
"When... No, if. If you have the chance... Please tell a 'Tom Larkin' that I'm sorry... And that... I lo...ve... H..."

Tord died with a sad smile on his face.

Neverland is home to lost boys like me
And lost boys like me are free