Labor Day Cookout

September 5, 6:34pm

The thought of school was myth to me from staying at home since graduation back in May. I never thought of actually missing high school this early in my short lifetime, will maybe just senior year. I miss having a half-day schedule, working in the library in the school, winning tennis matches and my friends who were my second family. How time just pass by the minute by minute to hour by hour to day by day to months by months and finally year by year before moving to next steps afterwards. It's Labor Day, our last cookout of the summer before I have to move out of my family home with the devil in human skin. I called my dad about the situation, he was shock that the arrangement was still made and due to his age I'm more than sure he would forget anyway. Dad told me the same thing that Mom said "I'm sorry, I should have told you early especially when you were in high school," Same thing, different day I thought to myself.

I already told my friends that moving solo to another country on Snapchat, which I got a lot on shocked messages like "I'll miss you and come back home soon." I known I wanted to go on my own from home in the next few years but never to be put in a box of less than any opinions to choice a way out. So I'm stuck now mentally and physically because designing a fruit salad when you have artistic mind can be stressful. "Crystal just make it simple, don't make it feel hard when it's simple" my mom yell from the kitchen finishing the mac & cheese. I sign and made the best I could, watermelon, strawberries, blueberries and pineapple always a refreshing treat for a get together before the full start of school . "Crystal before you start complaining to me later I invited Mr. Wu and Kai over for the cookout so when you're finish with the salad please go get dress in something presentable to show that you're not someone who is unkept," my mom order me to get dress for my 'Husband'.

I not going to complain in the first place since I suck up the arrangement shit and have to deal with it. I went upstairs and took a good shower from the making that fruit salad then lotion, perfume and put on deodorant before putting my outfit together. A blue and white tropical dress with a pair of jeans short shorts to cover up my butt because my butt's too big to stay in place. I decided not to wearing shoes because it's my house and I love being barefooted, I don't know if it's a Jamaican thing or something but being barefooted feels nice. After brushing my hair, I was ready and went downstairs to greet the guests coming in. I sat in the sun room and greet everyone who was coming in my cousin coming from school in D.C. and my mom's crew who comes to all our parties, welcoming them with their excited vibe into our household. "Crystal, they're here" My sister called out, I quietly sign and prepare myself for anything at this point. Mr. Wu dressed in designers clothes all in black, he already has a young face so it's kind of confusing to see him as Kai's father. Kai wearing a more normal look with a rich boy vibe in his long bright green shirt, skinny jeans and some black vans.

''Mr. Wu and Kai! Welcome to the our little cookout! Come in! Come in!" My mom greet them and lead them to the deck where everyone is waiting for everyone else to be here. "Before we bless the food, a little Introduction and announcement" my mother yelled out before everyone kept the level of loudness down. "Everyone this is Dr. Kris Wu, he's an old friend of mine when I was still living in New York, he helped my ex-husband deliver my youngest daughter, Crystal when she was born and saved our lives when me and Crystal got into an accident, I more than sure you'll become great friends with this man" The crowd clapped to welcome Mr..well Dr. Wu. "And this is Dr. Wu's son Kai, he and Crystal will be married soon" My mom dropped the bomb on everyone, every jaw on the ground. "Crystal just graduated high school and now she's getting married so quick?! wow""She's so young to get married especially when she's starting college" Questions flying around the announcement until Dr. Wu spook up. "My son and Ms. Daphne's daughter had being placed and set since my son was 8 and Crystal was 4, to give them a healthy and lovely future together and beside when Kai saw pictures of how Crystal has grown through the years he wanted to find and meet her quick because he found her beautiful and he was right" With the 'Aww-ing' of the crowd the everyone cheer on me and Kai getting engradement.