32; The Center Of My Soul

Start from the beginning

Good question.

Harper willed her body to sit up and force her eyes to look around. The sun shone through the apple trees and the roof of the porch hung over her head.

"I'm at a house," She states.

"What house, Harper?" Elena asks.

There was a rustling on the other end. "Harper, where the bloody hell are you?" Klaus's voice questions on the other line.

"Why are you with Elena?" Harper asks, feeling jumbled.

"Harper, answer the damn question," Klaus demands.

"The plantation," she states.

The other line clicked off.

Harper stood, nearly falling from how weak she was. She sat down on one of the porch chairs by the front door. She closed her eyes for what felt like a minute.

Klaus, Elijah, and Elena raced to a car and climbed inside. In less than twenty minutes, they were at the plantation that was thirty minutes away.

They all saw Harper on the porch sitting in a chair with her head hung forward. Elena was the first out of the car and vamp sped to her sister.

"Harper. Harper. Are you okay?" Elena shook Harper awake.

Klaus and Elijah made it to the porch. Klaus felt sadness fill his chest at the sight of her. Her below shoulder length hair was toddled and knotted with twigs, leaves, and mud. Her skin was pale and cold with sweat and smudges of mud across it. Her blue eyes were dark and bloodshot, under eye circles were incredibly evident. His lip slightly quivered at the sight.

Harper attempted to stand but failed. Klaus put one arm under her knees and the other around her shoulder. Her face faced his chest and he carried her to the car.

The car on the way back was filled with silence as Harper slept. Elena sat with Harper's head on her lap. Her fingers toyed with Harper's shorter messy hair.

Elena's ears filled with the sound of her heartbeat, but then she tensed. There wasn't just one heartbeat, there was two. It was faint and hummed much faster than Harper's.

Harper was pregnant.

______

Elena watched as Klaus gently laid Harper on his bed. He moved a lock of hair that was on her face to behind her ear. His lips pecked her forehead before quickly walking past Elena to the sitting room, which Elena followed.

Elijah at the desk as she watched his brother and his ex-lovers doppelgänger walk in. Klaus settled down at the bar and poured himself a scotch.

Elena stood, staring at the Original brothers. "Harper's pregnant," she states. The brothers snap their eyes to her with a knowing look. Her mouth opens. "You knew. Of course, you knew," she scoffs. "Who's is it?" She asks in disbelief.

"Mine," Klaus states.

"That's impossible. You're a vampire, let alone one of the very first," Elena says.

"Yes, Elena, but there is a fact you missed," Elijah spoke. "When Niklaus unlocked his dormant werewolf gene, that made him somewhat human. It made him able to procreate," he explained shortly.

"Harper is pregnant with a hybrid," she states breathlessly. "Why didn't she tell me?" They could hear the shower turn on, assuming it was Harper.

"Dear Elena, your sister has been threatened to the hilts with the child she is carrying. By vampires, witches, werewolves, and humans. She couldn't take the chance of family coming after her," Klaus explains.