27

*Mackenzie's POV*

     A tear slowly rolled down my face as I watched JJ walk away. We had just gotten into an argument. Our first argument, actually. Josh told JJ about what happened while I was drunk and, instead of taking it well like Josh and I both expected, JJ blew up. His words still seemed to drift around the room. "I love you, Mackenzie. And it hurts to think about you with someone else. Drunk or sober. I don't want to lose you. Ever." He had said, his voice barely above a whisper. To that, I had no response. "I'll be back." He mumbled before walking out of his bedroom. Chances are he left to calm down, because he was pretty angry. It was scary to get into an argument with JJ. I thought I was going to lose him for a moment. He was just jealous and shocked that I would do such a thing. Whenever I defended myself and Josh, saying I was completely wasted, he had simply rolled his eyes and said that that wasn't a genuine excuse. Because, he said, that alcohol doesn't change intention but it changes action. I had admitted that I believed Josh was attractive but hell, all of his friends were. But I said that there was no one I'd rather be with than him. That's when he told me what he did right before he left. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair as my head pounded. I had to make this up to him.

•••

     I heard the front door close once more and sighed. JJ was finally home. He had texted me and said he went to Ethan's to hang out for a bit and he had texted me before he was on his way home. So here I was, sitting on his bed with a big jacket on over some new lingerie. I knew I had to make it up to him and sex seemed to be the perfect way. It's been a while since we have had sex anyways. After a while of sitting in silence, JJ finally came into the room. "Oh there you are. Look I'm really sorry about getting angry. I talked to Ethan about it and he basically talked some sense into me. And I'm just sorry." He said quickly. I stood up and walked slowly over to him. "No I'm sorry for hitting on Josh. I shouldn't have done it in the first place." I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He sighed, but didn't get the chance to talk before I placed my lips against his.

•••

     I sighed for the millionth time as Liv continued rambling about the fashion show she watched last night. "I swear you aren't listening to a thing I say." She said quietly. "I am. I'm just not interested in that fashion shit. You know this." I said with a small smile. "Yeah I can tell. We are in Westfield and you're wearing sweatpants." She said with an eye roll. I giggled and pushed her softly. "So where do you want to go eat?" She asked as we entered the food court, looking around. "Nando's. Duh." I said as if it were a dumb question, because, realistically, it was. My phone started vibrating in my back pocket and I took it out quickly to see JJ's name on the screen. "Ugh. Tell him to fuck off. This is a girl's day." Liv groaned. "Shut up. Hello?" I answered, talking quickly. "I'm assuming you were telling Liv to shut up and not me because I haven't even said anything." JJ said. I could tell he was smiling, and thinking about it made me smile. "Yeah." I said quietly. "How's it going?" He asked. "Well we are getting Nando's right now and then we're going back to doing whatever." I said, my voice monotone. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with Liv. I just like doing so in other ways, like playing football or watching a match or doing anything but shopping really. And she loved it, so we had a bit of a problem in that area. JJ laughed. "Well I'll call you later. Bring me home some food please." He said slowly. I could tell he was bored, because he wouldn't have called me if he wasn't and he didn't sound like he was at all occupied. "I'll think about it. Bye." I said quickly, smiling still as I hung up the phone and shoved it back in my pocket. I heard Liv sigh. It wasn't out of frustration or anger, but happiness. "You're in love. I'm happy for you, Kenz. You deserve it." She said with a smile. I felt a blush rise to my face. Maybe I did deserve it. Maybe after all the hell I'd been put through, I deserved it.

A/N
It's shit I know and I'm so sorry this is so late! I'm going to get my shit together soon. I promise. Nonetheless, I hope you all have/had an awesome day!

See ya! x