8

I knocked on the front door of the Sidemen house, tugging my dress down. It was Saturday now and JJ had told me to come over at this time, so now Liv and I stood outside in the cold. But not for too long because Josh answered the door, letting us in. JJ and I had only grown closer with even more late night talks about everything. What exactly we were I wasn't too sure of. Because we had gone on a date but I wasn't sure if I liked him more than just a friend at the moment. And I had no idea what he viewed me as, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. "Ladies!" JJ yelled as he emerged from the kitchen. "Looking sexy." He said. I didn't know who he was directing it towards but when I looked up at him he was staring at me. Because Liv had disappeared. "Not too bad yourself." I said, looking him up and down. He did look attractive with his gold chain and bright red shoes. Quite attractive. Liv soon emerged again with Simon, Josh, and Vik. "Where'd you even go?" I asked. "The bathroom." She answered. I completely missed that and I had no idea how. "Well let's get going. I'm ready to get shitfaced." JJ laughed, pushing me gently towards the door.

•••

I groaned as I woke up from my deep sleep. My head began pounding immediately and I felt sick. My eyes fluttered open and I looked around the dimly lit room. I didn't recognize it one bit, but I did recognize JJ sleeping soundlessly beside me. I then realized I wasn't in my dress from last night, but a really big hoodie that went just past my bum. I had my underwear and bra on, but that was it. JJ laid shirtless but had some joggers on. That didn't mean anything though. "JJ." I mumbled, shaking him. "JJ. Wake up." I said a bit louder. "What?" He mumbled, opening his eyes ever so slightly. When he saw that it was me leaning over him, he sat up slightly. "What's wrong?" He asked quietly, his thumb and middle finger of his right hand resting on both temples. Once he looked around the room for a second he looked at me. "Did we....?" He asked, letting his voice trail off. I shrugged. "I have no idea." I mumbled. He sighed, closing his eyes again but remaining sat up. "Well..." He mumbled, laughing lightly. I giggled too. This was very awkward. He slowly flicked the blanket off of him and went over to a laundry basket full of neatly folded clothes. He grabbed out a pair of sweatpants and handed them to me. "Thanks." I mumbled, slipping them on. I wasn't in the mood to talk and he wasn't either. We were both hungover as fuck and I was incredibly relieved when he handed me a bottle of water from a mini fridge beside his bed. We both chugged our waters in silence because nothing needed to be said. He sat back down on the bed beside me. "What are we?" He asked suddenly, crumbling up his empty water bottle. "What do you mean?" I asked even though I knew exactly what he meant. "I mean we went on a date and probably hooked up but I don't know if I like you more than a friend yet." He said. "I mean I obviously want to be your friend but I want to be more at the same time and I just don't know." He sighed in frustration. I smirked, thinking about the idea over and over in my head. "What about friend with benefits?" I asked, looking over at him. "What?" He asked, obviously taken back by the question. "What about friends with benefits? We be friends but -" "I know what it means. I have a song about it." He laughed. I giggled in response. But he went quiet again so I looked at him again from the floor and he was already staring at me. He leaned in suddenly and his lips were on mine. I didn't pull away or push him away, but I kissed back. It felt...strange to be kissing JJ. It wasn't necessarily a bad feeling. It was just different. "Friends with benefits sounds perfect to me." He said once we pulled away. "Now let's go get some breakfast." I said, standing up and grabbing his wrist, pulling him to his feet and out of his room. I was pleased with the decision we had made. We would remain friends but do some couple things here and again. I think everyone knows what 'friends with benefits' means so I shouldn't have to explain it. Once we reached the kitchen, I was surprised to see Liv sat there chatting away with Simon. She smiled brightly at seeing me enter the room. "Good morning." She chirped. I hate you and your inability to be hungover." I mumbled, rolling my eyes. "So you two have fun last night?" Simon smirked as JJ entered the room behind me. "Could ask you the same question, mate." JJ laughed as he patted Simon on the back. "Hey guys." A tired voice said from the doorway. I looked over to see Josh. He looked knackered. "Jesus Josh did you get hit by a bus?" Simon asked, laughing lightly. Josh paused, sighing before opening the fridge. "Me and Freya broke up." He mumbled. "Last night she called me and told me. That's why I left early." He said, his voice barely over a whisper. (No hate to Freya. I absolutely love her. It's just for the story. :)) The room grew quiet. I didn't know Josh had a girlfriend, but I guess he did. And I guess they were pretty serious looking at the state he was in now. "What happened man?" JJ asked, his voice low as he rubbed Josh's back. "She felt as if I spent too much time on YouTube." He sighed. "I'm sorry, Josh." Simon said softly. It was weird to see the guys this serious. Josh shut the fridge and nodded at JJ and Simon before leaving the room. "Freya was his girlfriend of four years." JJ whispered with a sigh. "Oh shit." I said, covering my mouth. The room grew quiet and Vik noticed as soon as he walked in. "Did someone die?" He joked, but no one laughed. "Jeya did." JJ said. I assumed he was using Josh and Freya's ship name to lighten the situation and it did make a smile tug at my lips. "Oh shit. Seriously?" Vik asked, his eyes wide. Simon nodded in response. I looked over at Liv, who sat there awkwardly. "I think me and Liv better get going soon. We've got an entire house to clean. And by we I mean she while I entertain her." I said quickly. She looked at me, nodding. I knew she wanted to leave as soon as the breakup was mentioned. She was always so sensitive about things like that ever since her and her last boyfriend broke up after almost three years. They were in love. And we going to get married. But he cheated. She stood up now. "I'll get my shit from your room and we'll be on our way. I'll call you." I told JJ, backing out of the kitchen. Liv was wearing her dress with a hoodie over it but I had to go get my dress and heels and phone from JJ's room and meet her back at the front door. With that, we left the Sidemen house.

A/N
Double update today because it's Simon's birthday and my day was absolutely shit. So why not? I hope you all have/had a beautiful, lovely, wonderful, and amazing day because you all deserve it and you're all extremely beautiful.

See ya! x