13

*JJ's POV*

I smiled as I watched her hand me a small box that was wrapped in wrapping paper. I hadn't actually expected her to get me anything. She had gotten my mum a beautiful charm bracelet and my dad a watch and Deji some trainers. She bit her lip once I took it in my hands and began opening it. As soon as I looked at it my smile returned.

(The silver one

(The silver one. :)) I took out of the box and held it up, still smiling fondly at it. I turned to Mackenzie who sat on my right, right beside me. "Merry Christmas." She smiled. I glanced around at my family who stared at us expectantly before placing my lips on hers quickly. It was jut a small peck that meant nothing. Well...to her. None of our kisses meant anything to her while they meant everything to me. I've come to terms with my feelings for her a while ago. I could never tell her though. Because to her we were just friends...with benefits. The fact that we were pretending to be a couple made me want to be one even more. "Thank you." I muttered, placing the necklace back in it's box. I would definitely put it on later, but now it was time for her present. I hoped my parents wouldn't look too far into this gift. But I didn't really care as I have her the small box, pulling my sleeves over my hand, being sure to hide my own bracelet which I had been doing successfully all Christmas morning. Once she opened it she laughed a little, smiling at me.

(Imagine those but instead of the names it says 'FWB' with the little heart

(Imagine those but instead of the names it says 'FWB' with the little heart. Thank you.) I pushed my sleeve up to reveal my own bracelet identical to hers and she smiling, giving me a small kiss on the cheek. I smiled. I'm glad she liked it at least.

•••

"Home sweet home." She sighed in the car beside me as we drove through London. I had been mentally debating the entire car ride if I should talk to her about how I felt, but decided against it. I would give it until New Years to decide if I actually liked her and wasn't just turned on by her all of the time. Which I was. Maybe I was just confused lust and love. Not that I loved her in that way. Well....maybe I did. Eventually, we pulled into the driveway of her house. I noticed the car was still gone and decided that Liv was still at her parents'. Mackenzie looked over at me. "Do you want to -" I cut her off by placing my lips on hers. Maybe I actually did have feelings for her. Because every time we kiss I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster. My heart accelerates, my stomach feels nervous. Our kisses were always so delicate. It reminded me of how she should be treated. Delicately.

•••

I mentally sighed in frustration. I wanted to tell her how I felt. But I knew I would be rejected. She sees me as a friend. And that's it. I couldn't say anything. Not now, at least. Maybe I could ask her on a second date. But she probably had work until New Years Eve, which was only three days. I tightened my grip around her waist and buried my face into her hair, her bare back against my bare chest made me feel nice and cozy. She giggled. "Why're you being so quiet, Jide?" She asked, her voice soft and barely over a whisper. "I didn't know I was supposed to be loud." I said with a small grin. "You usually are." She shrugged, placing her hand over my own. I could feel her bracelet pressed up against my arm and I smiled again. "Don't you get off early on Saturday?" I asked. "Well usually. But I'm off until after New Years. Which sucks because this is not a paid vacation." She said quickly, giggling. "Do you want to go on a date?" I asked. I felt her breathing stop for about a second. She immediately relaxed though.

*Mackenzie's POV*

Maybe he thought of me more than just a friend. Because you usually wouldn't ask a friend on a date. Maybe friends with benefits had exceptions. But I wouldn't know. This was my first time having one and being one. "Sure." I finally said, closing my eyes for a few seconds. I knew I liked JJ, but I didn't know if he liked me back. And I had wanted to push my feelings away, in fear of getting hurt like I had many times, but he made it so difficult. Maybe I should confront him about it. I quickly pushed the idea away. It was JJ I was talking about after all. If he liked me he would tell me. Hopefully, at least.

•••

Liv had just gotten home from her parents' house and we were sat in the living room talking about our holidays. JJ had left just before she got here. "His mum was so nice. We baked a pie together and I helped cook dinner." I said, smiling at the memory of Yinka being so sweet and welcoming. "And then I beat his brother in FIFA twice. He beat me once, but that didn't really count because him and JJ switched halfway through the game." I said, laughing lightly. She was silent, so I kept talking. "And his dad was nice as well. He was a bit quiet and didn't ask me many questions but he was still just as welcoming as Yinka and Deji." I continued. She was staring at me, smiling. I took a sip of my hot chocolate. "You like JJ." She said flatly. I kept my hands wrapped around the warm mug and I raised an eyebrow at her. "What makes you say that?" I asked. "Because of the way you talk about him. You're so happy when you do." She said. I sighed. "Well it doesn't matter, what I feel, because he thinks of me as a friend." I said, staring down at my lap. "With benefits." She added. "Yeah, yeah." I rolled my eyes. "What about your date though?" She asked. I didn't know if she was talking about our very first one or the one he had asked me on just a few hours ago. But I hadn't told her about that, so I went with the very first one. "It was just an experiment. Then we hooked up when we had that night out and decided then that we would be friends with benefits. Nothing more. Nothing less." I said, shaking my head. "That's not the date I was talking about." She said, smiling innocently at me. "How'd -" "He texted me and told me to make sure you were stress and care free for it." She interrupted me. "That's a bit weird." I said, looking down at the floor. "He just wants you to enjoy yourself, Kenz." She said. I rolled my eyes. "What if he asks you to be his girlfriend? I mean if you like him -" "He won't." I interrupted her. She rolled her eyes now. "If he thought of us as just a friend...with benefits....he wouldn't ask you on a date, Mackenzie. He probably wants a nice romantic evening with you without having sex. Or at least none until after the date." She said, smiling now. I sighed again. "We'll see. But I know I'm right." She said, nudging me with her foot. We were sat on the couch, our legs extended. Her legs were on the left of mine. I rolled my eyes. Although I kind of wanted her to be right.