Natsu's Invite

Lisanna's P.O.V

It's been a week since the fire in the school. They had the close the school since the fire had been so out of control. 

It took a while, but after Laki came out of the hospital, they decided to close the school for the next month as they rebuild, but school was going to continue a month into summer break. Talk about bummer!

As I was listening to music in my room, I get a text from Natsu.

Natsu: Yo, Lis. The gang is busy today, so wanna go to the movies with me?

Lisanna: Sounds great! What time? 

I check my reply over ten times to make sure it didn't sound stupid, or overenthusiastic.

Natsu: Awesome! I'll pick you up at 3.

I can't wait! I have two hours to get ready.  

I proceed to throw my entire closet onto the floor of my bedroom. Unluckily for me, Mira just had to walking then.

"Lis! What happened?"

"Um..." I begin. "I'm going to the movies with Natsu at 3..."

Mira screams. "You guys are going on a date?"

"No, no. Just going as friends, cause the gang is busy."

Mira surprised me then. Tears started to well up at the corners of her eyes.

"Mira! What's wrong?"

"I...I am so proud of you, Lis. You opened up. It's barely been a week, and you've already found some amazing friends, and you can make your own choices. I guess you don't need your big sister anymore, huh."

I begin to cry as well. "Of course I need you, Mira! I love you! I...This year surprised me, because I'm so used to being you shadow, but now I'm so happy!"

Mira started to wipe her tears, then brushed away mine. "Are you to old to ask me what to wear?"

I smile and cry, "No!"

We dig through my closet and found a casual but cute outfit to wear to the movies. It consisted of: Black jeans, a white top, with a long sleeved red and blue plaid on top. 

I proceeded to brush my hair, and pull my phone from the charger. 

"Honey, can you watch the neighbors kids today at 3?" My mom calls.

"Can Mira do it? I'm busy."

"Oh?" My big brother sits at the dining table. "Just where are you going?" He asks.

"To the movies with a friend." I respond, trying to be calm.

"Who is this friend?"

"Stop grilling her, Elfman." Mira starts.

"It's alright, Mira. I'm going to the movies with Natsu.

"NATSU?" He roars. "YOU GOING ON A DATE WITH A BOY?"

"Big Brother Elf, it's not a---"

"NO! I FORBID YOU TO GO!"

"Elfman, can't you see? She's grown up now. She can do what she wants." My mom says sternly.

"Mom..." I didn't expect that!

"You've grown up, Lis. I'm proud of you."

Just then, my phone beeps.

Natsu: I'm outside. You ready?

Then, the doorbell rings. An enraged brother storms the door down.

Natsu stands at the door, wearing a dark read button down shirt and blue jeans.

"Oh, hey, I'm here to get---"

Elfman looks at me, then points at Natsu.

"YOUR BOYFRIEND HAS PINK HAIR?" Natsu smiles and lets out a small laugh.

"Elfman!" Mira shouts. 

Elfman composed himself.  "Who are you?"

"I'm Natsu, I'm hear for Lis,"

"HOW DARE YOU CAN MY LITTLE SISTER LIS?!?!" 

"Elfman!" I shout. "It's fine, Natsu is a friend."

Mira taps him lightly on the shoulder and he whispered ominously into Natsu's ear.

"You bring any harm to my sister, I'll personally come and kill you."

"Not to worry?" Natsu was obviously uncomfortable now.

I grab Natsu's wrist, and too Elfman's surprise, I pull Natsu out the door and say,

"Come on, let's go!"

I open the door and hop in as Natsu starts the car.

"What movie are we seeing?" I ask.

I see his goofy grin in the mirror. 

"We are seeing...Turned To Stone!" 

"Oh My God!!! The one starring Ever Green?"

"Yep!"

"I have been dying to see that! Wait...it's one of the biggest hits! How did you get tickets?" I ask. Then I kick myself.

"Why did you ask that? He was going to take you for a movie! You should have shut up!"

"I won two, so I couldn't take the gang. I decided to take someone special one day."

I blushed as he said "Someone special".

"We're here!"

And we arrived at the movie theatre.