We're Friends Now, Right?

When I walked into the lunchroom, I began to look for Mira. Where was she? 

There. She was laughing and talking with about a hundred people crowded around her table. Anger surged through my body. I'm a shadow. Never seen during the day. 

Then, someone grabbed my wrist again. "Huh!" I spun around.

"Yo!" A familiar voice rang through my head. I point to myself on automatic reaction, and then look down as I realize who it is.

"Natsu!"

"Hey! Come sit with me!" He smiled. I blush furiously.

"Um, are you sure? Don't you want to sit with my sister instead?" I kick myself for that one. 

"He just invited you to sit with him! Now he's gonna think your a creep!" I scream inside my head.

"Don't you?" I instantly snap up.

"Huh? Oh, um, yeah sure!" He tugs on my wrist. His hand is really warm. I kind of like the feeling...

Before I can wake up, I'm sitting next to Natsu in a packed table. 

"Oh, um sorry," I begin, but Natsu cuts in.

"Say hi to Lisanna!" He grins a goofy grin before letting my wrist go.

"Yo!" Everyone at the table says in unison.

"So YOU'RE the Lisanna Natsu has been talking about!" I girl with brilliant red hair said.

"Oh---" Natsu cuts in.

"Yeah! This is Lis. Lis, this is Erza," He motions to the red haired girl. "Gray," A raven haired boy waves at me. "Lucy," A pretty blond girl gives me an apologetic smile."Loke," I guy with over-gelled hair pushes his sunglasses up. "Gajeel," A punk looks away as I look in the direction that Natsu points. "And Levy!" A blunette smiles at me.

"I'll introduce you to the rest of the gang in a bit!" Natsu informs.

"Oh... alright." I look down.

"I'm sorry for Natsu, Lisanna, he's just excited... well..." Erza pauses. "You know---"

Gray cuts in. "ERZA! Why don't you tell us a little about yourself, Lisanna?"

"Um, well, I like dance, and um, I..." I'm starting to blab and whisper.

The bluenette, Levy, speaks up. "Gray, don't put her on the spot like that." She turns to me. "Whenever you want to say anything, then we'll listen. Kay?" Great. I've barely been her for 10 minutes, and I've already earned pity from people I just met. I'm pathetic.

They began to talk about school.

"What did you think of Gildarts?" 

"Come on, he's an old fart."

"Natsu!! Don't talk that way about him!"

"I can say whatever the hell I want to!"

"Shut up, Flame Head!"

"You wanna go, Pervy Popsicle??"

"Oh you bet!"

Natsu and Gray began to brawl! Right in the lunchroom! Natsu tackled Gray onto the floor as they began to throw punches and kicks. Everyone in the cafeteria continued eating normally, except the girls from other tables. They ran up to them with lovey-dovey eyes, cheering both of them on.

"Erza, is this normal?"

"Extremely." She replied, talking over the shouts in the background.

"Should we stop them?"

"I guess." She stands up and clears her throat.

"BOYS!!" She screams at them. 

"WHAT?"

She snags both of them by the hair and flings them to opposite corners of the lunchroom. 

Large crashes and bangs echo across the lunchroom. My hands come over my mouth as I gasp.

"No more pointless fighting today." Erza commands sternly.

"Yes ma'am." I here a weak response from either side of the lunchroom.

"You know, Natsu and Gray love each other like brothers. They just refuse to admit it. On top of all the fighting, they really are best friends." I turn to see the blond girl smiling at me.

"Thanks! Um..." God! I forgot her name, the idiot that I am.

"--Lucy." She says kindly.

"Lucy." I repeat.

At this point, Natsu and Gray are both back at the table. They grumble as Erza sits between them. Here comes the surprising part. 

Natsu stands up and moves so he's sitting next to me. I blush, as I see that the edge of his hand is sliding on mine. He doesn't seem aware of it, but i sure do. 

I turn as red as a tomato as he yawns and says, "How much longer 'till school is over?"

"A while, Salamander." The black-haired punk named Gajeel says.

"Damn it," He groans. He leans against me slightly as he moves to get out of his seat.

"Breaks over, Dimwit." Gray says.

"Right." Erza says.

"Well, we'll see you after school, Lisanna!"

"Y-Yeah..." I say. I begin to walk away then,

"Hey Lis! Lis!" I turn around to find Natsu chasing me.

"What is it?" I ask.

"We have science together! With Laki, one of my friends!"

"W-What???"

"Isn't it great!"

Oh god. I have science with Natsu Dragneel. My new-found crush. NO!

I'm so nervous, I don't even look back to see Mira.