Part 6

Solange POV

"So how you gone tell D?"
"I don't know."
"Where they gone go now?"
"I don't know."
"Dam girl do you know anything?" he chuckled taking a puff and passing it to me.
"Shut up Dre." I said playfully pushing him.
"Nah but forreal, I got something to tell you. But you can't tell pops."
"Shit sounds serious. Let me sit up straight for this. "What you do?"
"I fucked up."
"Boy spit it out." He mumbled something but I couldn't hear him. "What did you just say?"
"You're an auntie."
"Who?"
"Piaget who the else am I talking to."
"Oh I heard you I just wish I didn't. Who and how the hell you get somebody pregnant?!"
"The same way you got pregnant at eighteen!"
"Touché. I'll give you that. But you never told me about a girlfriend."
"She wasn't. We were just really good friends."
"Apparently it was more than that if y'all got a baby together."
He sighed, "I met her at a club one night. She goes to NYU. We hit it off really good, but you know I'm not trying to bring nobody into this game. And she wasn't trying to date nobody at the time. Anyway one night I was helping her prepare for an anatomy test..."
"Stop. I can figure it out from there. How old is this baby?"
"She's four months."
"Dam you kept this secret for a year? Why you just now saying something?"
"Because she doesn't know what I do and it's about time I introduce her to the family. But I need you to be there when I tell them."
"When?"
"I was thinking Thanksgiving."
"That's next month. And you know how mommy is about strangers in her house."
"I know but she basically family now. Come on, I need you to support me on this one."
I sighed, "I will lil bro. Mommy gone kick your ass. Daddy might shoot your ass. But I'll be there."
"Appreciate it sis."
"Let me get out of here and go see my family." We hugged and I left to go surprise my family.

"Shit you scared me!" he said walking in.
"Well hello to you Daniel."
"Mom!" Julez said running to me.
"Hey! You getting so big." I smiled.
"Julez go to your room for a minute." Daniel told him.
"But I wanna spend time with her."
"You need to take your medicine and get some rest first."
Medicine? What the hell did I miss?
"Okay dad. You'll be here when I wake up this time?" Julez asked looking at me.
"Of course I will." he smiled and went to his room.
"Solange what are you doing here? We're supposed to be picking you up from the airport in a couple hours."
"I came in late last night."
"And you're just now showing up?"
"Why is Julez taking medicine?"
"Don't change the subject Piaget."
"It's a valid question. My son was just fine when I left him a few months ago."
"He has a mild sinus infection. The doc-"
"Pause. What doctor? He doesn't have a doctor out here."
"He was burning up with a fever! I wasn't about to wait for your doctor to fly out here to treat him!"
"¿Quién demonios que gritar a? ¿Se le olvidó lo que soy? Voy a golpear a su culo!"
He huffed out, "Look our son was extremely sick and I didn't want to take that risk."
"You know my family only uses a certain doctor for a reason D! Why would you risk that?"
"Nobody knows about y'all like that up here? Isn't that why you moved us here?!"
"We've been expanding." I said lowly.
"Excuse me? You've been doing what now?"
"Daddy wants his brand to be coast to coast."
"So we have to leave again?"
"No I- I don't want you guys to leave."
"You said that last time and the time before that and the t-"
"Okay. I get it! You've had to move a lot."
"Our son has lived in four different states. What type of life is that for a kid?"
I looked away. "Solange what am I supposed to tell him this time? 'Julez we have to leave the country.'"
"I don't want you to leave but I also want you to be safe."
"Did you forget how we met? I'm no stranger to this game either."
"Yeah and daddy was ready to murder you when he found out about us. If I wasn't pregnant you'd be six feet under." I chuckled.
"Look our son needs stability. Tell your dad we're not moving again. We'll be fine." he kissed my forehead.

After Julez woke up from his nap I decided to take him and D out for dinner.
"Mom when are you going to come live with us?"
"Julez you know I have to stay in Houston and help your grandfather with work."
"He has other people though."
"I know but he likes to keep some things within the family."
"So when do I start?"
"Ummm..... you don't."
"No fair! Why not? You started when you were younger than me."
"Julez GG Tina doesn't want you in this life. Maybe when you're eighteen you-"
"Mama that's a long time!"
"You won't make it to eighteen if you interrupt me again."
"Sorry."
"I know you're eager but I need you to stay in school and do everything your father asks you to do." He nodded his head.
"So tell me about this doctor you took him to. What was he like?"
"She was nice enough to take him considering it was almost closing time."
"She?" I asked raising my eyebrow.
"Calm down Piaget. She's one of the best in the city, maybe even the best in the state."
"Mhmmm."
"She was really pretty mom."
"Oh was she now?"
"Yeah almost as pretty as you."
"Nobody looks as good as me." I said playfully flipping my braids. "But where-"
"I already looked into her. She's clean with no ties to anyone."
"You sure? I won't hesitate to kill a bitch over my son."
"Yeah she cool." I nodded and we continued our family dinner.