Cat

This Chapter is in honor of my best friend who happens to be a kicka$$ cat

The Meaning of Cat Tattoos

Cats are more than just our furry, feline friends. They , including:

Feminine PowerLuck and ProsperityMystery and SecretsSpirituality and a connection with the DivineA link with the AfterlifeProtectionIntelligence and IntuitionElegance and RefinementAttentivenessCat Tattoo Variations

Whether you want a Lucky Cat Tattoo, an image of a Fat Cat, or even on your body, these types of tattoos come in a variety of shapes, colors, and forms. These designs can represent your favorite cartoon characters, like , or incorporate the spiritual elements of Tribal Tattoos. Most images mimic a cat's natural coloration (black, white, amber, or mottled patterns) and are sometimes done in honor of a beloved family pet.

Black Cat Tattoos

When you see a black cat, images of witches, old brooms, and steaming black caldrons come to mind. Black Cats are, in general, associated with changing fortunes and many folklore myths contain warnings against disturbing the peace of a black cat. and in the days of the Celts, black cats were sacrificed as a way to ward off evil. For some, a black cat is a harbinger of destruction that stalks the night and should be avoided at all costs, while for others, it is the cat's black color makes it enchanting, mysterious, and intriguing. Black Cat Tattoos are symbols of Femininity, Mystery, and reserved Power because of the animal's close association with the unknown and Paganism.

Cat Paw Tattoos

Paw prints represent an emotional or mental journey through a difficult time. They symbolize progress, and the need to move forward in life. Ever wonder why many Japanese and Chinese places of business have little statuettes of cats with a raised front paw? In Asian cultures, this is an old symbol of prosperity and good fortune that dates back centuries to the legend of . Although there are several version of the myth, all stories center on the theme of a poor person suddenly finding wealth after being kind to a cat that raised its front paw to him. Cat Paw Tattoos represent Prosperity, Good Fortune, and Progress.

Cat Skull Tattoos

Skull Tattoos have a long history with Death, Destruction, and Disease. The mere image of one brings on the Willies and makes many people feel uncomfortable. Given the animal's strong link with the Afterlife, Cat Skull Tattoos are seen as a more subtle way of symbolizing your understanding and acceptance of the inevitable. In a sense, it is a sign of bravery because it shows that you aren't afraid to face your mortality.

Cat Eye Tattoos

The famous American sculptor, , once said "The eye is the window of the soul...The intellect, the will, are seen in the eye..." When it comes to cats, no truer statement has ever been said throughout history. A cat's eye is often seen as a symbol of Intellect, Wisdom, and a conduit to the Divine. It is believed to be an object of Mysticism and Intrigue that brings those who have this symbol closer to the elements of the Afterlife. Cat Eye Tattoos represent your ability to see things for more than what they are. You can analyze a situation and view every action as an extension of something greater. 

(Taken from itattoodesigns.com)