Chapter 5: Good Day and... A Fight?

~ Science Class, 11:23 ~

                                                                ~ Room 423 ~

         Penelope, Victoria and Johnny was sitting at a three-group table at the center of class. The three shared a lot of answers to the questions the teacher asked. Whenever Victoria answered or not, she would look at johnny in a fantasy way. Penelope and johnny didn't realize the look.

    Penelope looked through specimen with her microscope. She was observing a frog cell that seemed to be damaged. Penelope drew conclusions and wrote them down in messy code script that no one would understand.

     Johnny was working on a diseased cell. The cell was unknown. He thought it came from Kansas or California. Johnny wrote down what he sees in a normal way. He didn't care if anyone found out about his research.

  Victoria studied, or should I say observed, a rare diagnosis that can harm the human kidney and brain cells. She did the same that Penelope and Johnny did. Victoria wrote neatly in script and casual writing with bold letters for important findings.

   The teacher, Mrs. Yolandez, spoke sweetly to the class. "Okay, everyone! Did you all get to find their specimens and how they work?"

   Only two people said no as the others said yes. Mrs. Yolandez nodded. "Okay two more minutes for the people that aren't finished. The rest of you will write a paragraph of your findings and what are your hypothesis for it."

    The class nod. They went straight to work. Penelope smiled widely. Once her eyes meet up with her specimen, she jumped for joy in her seat. Everyone looked at her. Mrs. Yolandez smiled, knowing Penelope discovered something.

      Penelope clapped. She smiled even more wide, seeing another discover. "At last! I found the research I've been looking for years! I did it!" Penelope wrote down her discovery and named what it was.

    The class and Mrs. Yolandez was happy for her. Soon, Johnny and Victoria had the same result. The class clapped for the three.

   Penelope hugged Victoria and Johnny. "This is wonderful!" Her smile grew more. She wasn't this happen since third grade in her fifth birthday party.

    The two hugged her back. They smiled.

    The bell ruined the moment. But, not for Penelope, nor her friends.

     "Okay class, your dismissed." Mrs. Yolandez announced happily.

      The class walked out. Penelope skipped out while her friends walked. She started singing.

      Johnny listened into the song. Victoria made a nice beat. Everyone congratulated the three.

       Penelope stopped singing and thanked them. She danced about but then collapsed, bumping into someone. Her voice can be heard squeaking once she hit the floor hard.

    Victoria rushed to Penelope. She helped her up. "Are you okay??!"

     Johnny helped. He looked at a familiar face that Penelope bumped into.

      Penelope nodded.

     The voice spoke rough and harsh. "Watch it, Freak."

    "You watch it, F-" Penelope looked up, seeing Snorkle. "-Snorkle."

     Snorkle rolled his eyes. "Ms. Cry Baby."

     "Who's this Penelope?" Victoria asked.

     "This is Snorkle Forkle. He's a 'bad boy' who thinks he's slick." Penelope got sassy.

      Snorkle rolled his eyes. "I am slick. And its Stewart to you, Pip Squeak."

      Penelope sucked her teeth with an attitude. "Stewart? Ha. That doesn't seem like a bad boy name. I guess, since ya' k-" She got interrupted.

   Snorkle had interrupted. "Before you even continue, you should know that your secrets out."

   "Wait what?" Penelope was confused and scared.

    Johnny and Victoria got scared.

    "I put your secret all over the school's news paper." Snorkle smirked.

     Penelope was about to strike Snorkle but Johnny and Victoria grabbed her, holding her back. "You...." She growled in anger.

    "Me what? A devil? Yes I am." Snorkle smirked devilishly.

       Penelope struggled out Vic and Joh's grip. She wanted to hurt Snorkle so much. She needed him to pay. "You don't know what you just did, Snorkle Breathe.." Her hands lashed out of Vic's strength, aiming for Snorkle. Penelope growled even more.

     Johnny grabbed Penelope fully. "Penelope! Calm down!" He tried to control her. "Stewart, you should leave. Now."

    Stewart shook it head. "Let her come to me.."

    Penelope pushed Johnny away. She struck Stewart in the face. "You'll regret that you shared my secret!"

    Stewart's head turned as he laughed. He slammed her into a locker, pinning her. "I don't regret anything. Now, stay in your lane, Little Girl.. your worthless." Stewart started to choke her slightly.

     Penelope started to fail on her breathing. She struggled by kicking around. "Darn you..."

      Johnny and Victoria tried to help her. Stewart didn't budge until he can feel a snap in Penelope's throat. He moved.

    Johnny got worried as he gave Stewart a punch in the eye.

     Penelope collapsed to the floor but Victoria catched her. "Penelope!"

    Johnny held Penelope as she gasped for air, coughing. Johnny got worried. "Penelope hold tight, okay?"

    Victoria and Johnny carried Penelope to the nurse, stepping on Stewart's feet in the process. They hurried. The two wasn't sure how long would last.

                                 If they don't hurry, she might die because of Snorkle.