Chapter 1: Johnny Andrews

Ding, Ding... The school bell rung. It's first period, math. A girl sat across three boys and two girls. The two girls looked like twins, same clothes style. Pink crop top, short blue jeans above the knees, lavender short sleeve sweater and red rings/earrings. The boys had their own bad boy unique style. Metal chains? Low pants? One pierced ears? Sweaters? Yes. However, their pants aren't low. They respect themselves... Anyways, the girl across the three boys and the twins, twirled her chestnut light lavender hair as she gazed at one of the boys. She entered her fantasy but then got interrupted.

            A large bang on the girl's desk startled the whole class, including the girl. A tall women stood over the girl. It was the teacher. The teacher wore too much makeup and perfume. Her voice was deep like a man, chewed up gum hung from her tongue. "Miss Penelope Florence Miranda Matilda, pay attention" Everyone knew that when Ms. Over Makeup says their whole name, it means she's serious.

              Penelope nodded quickly, she acted like she really was scared of  Miss Over Makeup. "Yes, Miss Over Makeup--- I mean Ms. Rachel." She smiled fakely.

              The whole class laughed at Penelope's remark. They suddenly stopped at the teacher's gaze.

               Before Ms. Rachel can speak again, the loud speaker came on. It was everyone's favorite Principal, Mr. Wytte. "Good morning, Edgar Dilly High school!  I hope you've all got ready for our new start of Tuesday because it's time for our pledge so please stand." Mr. Wytte announced with jolly.

             The whole school stood and announced, arms over their chest, "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, under God indivisible with liberty and justice for all." Everyone smiled right after Mr. Wytte gave them permission to sit.

               Mr. Wytte eased down his jolly mood. "Okay, now that's done, first things first, if any girls or boys interested on our National Peace Comity, Mrs. Brooks is ready for you in room 321. Also, Rugby, Basketball, Soccer and Drama is now ready. Drama is held in the auditorium, sports will be outside in the yard and gym. Further more, students who are running for student council, please come to my office during lunch. Lastly, teachers, we'll be having a meeting at 2:20. That is all. Have a nice day." His voice vanish from the speakers.

           Penelope smiled to herself. Student council, Drama and the NPC. Her dream academics. She loved these type of stuff, especially politics and drama. Penelope wasn't like the rest of the girls in her school or anywhere. She had a passion and gift of  speaking out. When she states the truth, she sounds like a mature young adult that she is. Oh, but, her friends think differently . She doesn't care. Not at all.

          One of the boys gazed over to Penelope with his shaggy chestnut hair and light blue handsome eyes that girls fall for. He smiled at her, slightly biting his lower lip. Before he can let out a soft laugh, the bell rung. Second period.

            The students grabbed their stuff and headed out. Penelope was stopped by Ms. Rachel. Heh, everyone knew it was coming. A scolding once again for the famous Matilda Penelope. Oh, and of course, the handsome bad boy with light blue eyes stayed waiting in the hallway for his Princess Penelope. He eavesdropped. 

   "Penelope, I had it up to here with your dozing off in class." Ms. Rachel said with a hand gesture of annoyance. 

   "Look, I'm sorry, Ms. - Uh - Rachel." Penelope acted as if she didn't care, and the fact she nearly forgot the teacher's name. "I can't help but flow my thoughts. I don't want to become like you." She stood, giving a slight sass.

  The boy silently chuckled.

  Ms. Rachel growled lightly. "Okay, that's it young lady, you have detention after school. I'll also call your parents and take away your privileges." She was serious... By this very point, she was more redder than a tomato.

  Penelope knew which privileges Ms. Rachel meant. She widen her eyes, making a fist and scoffed with a slight growl. Penelope yelled in protest. "You can't do that! You have no right to take away my privileges! You can't make me suffer because of the truth. You can't make me suffer because you can't get love by your own husband!" Okay? Maybe that was too much?  Penelope was actually upset now. She didn't like it when adults try taking away something she loves from her.

    The boy heard the shocking words from Penelope. The teacher, Ms. Rachel, had enough. She 'accidentally'  slapped Penelope and made her collapse to the floor. "That's enough of you."

   Penelope landed on her forearm wincing with a bright red  mark on her cheek. "It's not enough never." Her breathe got heavy.

  The boy rushed in at the same moment Ms. Rachel was about to strike again. He grabbed her hands and calmly stated, "seriously? Are you going to hurt her because of a silly child's play?" The boy was rather calm now. He wasn't that good on acting.

  Penelope looked at the sudden boy. She was speechless at her Prince Charming rescue.

   "Who are you to just come in like that, to think so highly, young man?" Ms. Rachel asked.

     "The names Andrews. Johnny Andrews." Johnny smirked. He helped Penelope up after releasing the teacher and walked out. "Also, you might want to look out for a note in your mail box, Ms. Rachel Henry."

  Ms. Rachel stood there in the class.

   Penelope smiled at Johnny. She felt some sort of strong connection near him. Was this... love? Who knows. This might be a fun ride for these two birdies. This could also last for a while, too. Maybe. Or maybe it'll change once Johnny shares his secrets with Penelope and Penelope returns that favor. Anything is possible in Pennsylvania.