Chapter 2: Spring Feels

~ Wednesday, June 12 1999.

                                                            Matilda Residence, East 104

                                                                    James Street. ~

                Penelope was getting ready for school. She wore a classy outfit of a sweater that was peach and black, black sleeveless shirt, long navy blue jeans with a brown braid belt, gold and light brown necklace, gold and blackish earrings with chestnut light brown short cowgirl boots. Her hair was  in a messy side braid, French, with a flower crown on that tilted to the side. Penelope placed on a red lipstick on and grabbed her ocean blue purse and headed out to her kitchen. "Bye Mom, Dad. I'm off!" She grabbed an apple and stepped out the house happily.

          Her mother, Lydia, spoke. "Don't get the -" before she finished, the door closed. "- teacher angry." Lydia sighed.

       Barron, Penelope's father, patted his wife's shoulder. He shook his head.

        Penelope walked to school. She smiled the whole way, daydreaming of Johnny Andrews. The one who saved her from getting a beating from Ms. Over Makeup. Her fantasying  became more interesting. Well, not until she bumped into someone.

         The person stumbled back as Penelope fell. The person caught her quickly before she damaged anything on her perfect, beautiful porcelain skin. The two was awfully close together. The person who caught Penelope had a familiar voice, "careful there. We don't need you getting hurt now." They chuckled.

      Penelope looked up as her flower crown started slipping off. "...J-Johnny..?" She was shocked. Penelope started blushing at how he saved her once again.

     "The one and only." Johnny smiled. His face was so close to her face, about three inches off. "You know, you look kinda cute when you blush." He laughed.

    "T-Thank you..." Penelope blushed more and then cleared her throat.

     "You're welcome." Johnny raised her up, spinning her slightly. "So, you heading to school?"

      "Yeah. Aren't you?" Penelope's blushing stopped as she spoke normally without a stutter.

      "Maybe." Johnny shrugged. "Wanna go with me?"

      "Sure." She smiled gently.

        The two started to walk to school. They chatted along the way. 

          Soon, they reached to school. Johnny opened the door  for Penelope and held it open. Penelope walked through, smiling gently at her future Prince. Johnny took it as a thank you and followed Penelope. The two passed through the halls and to their lockers. Surprisingly, their lockers were together. Coincidence, neighbors. Lovers. Penelope and  Johnny opened their lockers and took important items while placing the non-important items in. 

     They turned to each other. First bell. Science. The two went to science together and sat in the middle of class. The other students walked in along with the teacher. This time it was a more interesting teacher than yesterday.

   The teacher announced, "Good morning, Students! Today I'll be your science teacher. My name is Mr. HuckleBerry."

  The class held back their laughs. Penelope and Johnny sat there normally, they, the only ones, announced. "Good morning, Mr. HuckleBerry. Pleasure of being here in your class." Penelope and Johnny said with a smile.