Chapter 1

A/N: I really hope you enjoy this story. Please give me feedback so I know if I should continue. Thanks Love you all. Oh and here is a playlist for the story, just in case.

Diana - One Direction

You and I - One Direction

Half a Heart - One Direction

Something Great - One Direction

The A Team - Ed Sheeran

Skinny Love - Birdy

Give Your Heart a Break - Demi Lovato

U.N.I- Ed Sheeran

Kiss Me - Ed Sheeran

Give Me Love - Ed Sheeran

Turn Your Face - Little Mix

Back For You -One Direction

Change My Mind- One Direction

Gotta Be You - One Direction

Last First Kiss - One Direction

Little Things - One Direction

Moments - One Direction

Right Now - One Direction

Save You Tonight - One Direction

They Don't Know About Us - One Direction

Gravity - Sara Bareilles

So that is the playlist so far. I will probably be adding more. Again thank you and ENJOY!!!

Chapter 1.

Broken

I never thought I would be widowed at the age of 30. I had married my College boyfriend at the age of 27, and we were so happy, for a while.

He joined the Army after a year of living together and when he came home Dan was not the same.

Instead of the loving, caring man I fell in love with, Dan came back cold and with no love in his eyes. It was like something had possessed him and he could not live his life the way I know he would of.

He would demand his dinner in front of the TV, ordered me around like I was a servant. I couldn't handle it anymore. I confronted Dan about this and told him how I felt.

He hit me.

He was so upset that he hit me, slapped me across the face. I couldn't blame him though. He was the man I loved, and I would do anything for him, but this scared me. It made me unable to trust anyone, for fear of getting hurt.

I was afraid to go to the store, to go to work, to even interact with people. I was afraid of being hurt.

And that's when I was hurt the most.

Dan was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and was given 4 months to live.

He told me as he was dying "I love you Diana. You were my partner and my lover and I wish you to find someone to love you better than I ever could'. He died in my arms a few moments later.

The funeral was nice and the cards, flowers, and best wishes were very much appreciated. However nothing could replace the hole I felt. I shut myself from society and didn't interact with people. For what was the reason if I will be broken, and never be healed...

No one could heal me.... At least that's what I thought.

A/N : Sorry about the short chapter. I just had to get this set up... So what do you think...??? It will get better I promise.