Chapter 27: There Will Be Blood

Start from the beginning

My wolf swelled with pride. He would make his female a luna by the end of the day; a luna that he would be proud to stand next to.

"Alright, well let's see it," Billy called out.

Evan moved over to Tate and tapped his shoulder. "Tell them what you know Tate."

Tate flinched at Evan's touch while Lyanna moved to Larissa. He looked back at me, drawing a warning growl from my lips, then looked back at Billy. "I worked for Emmett and Thomas. Ten years ago they had me scout out routes so we could bring the rogues over the border. My job was to make sure they could get in without being detected.

"I was there when he killed them when they killed them. Ethan doesn't lie," he wheezed out, the wolfsbane doing its work on him.

The pack roared out in anger. Some people gasped and wailed at the news. Some looked around then back at Tate, wanting it not to be true; who wanted to believe that their alpha was capable of something so horrible? That a former alpha was capable of something so disgusting?

Lyanna snarled and tapped Larissa's shoulder with a clawed finger. "Talk, now," she bit out.

Larissa hissed which earned her an angry slap from the back of Lyanna's hand. She shook it off and let out a panted breath before looking back to Billy. "Emmet and Lucy wanted me to create a distraction so the rogues could attack Ethan's mate," she said, barely hiding her disgust for Charlotte in her voice. She couldn't even say her name. Lyanna snarled at her and squeezed her shoulder, letting her claw start to sink into her skin. "Thomas and Miranda wanted me to spy on her! Keep tabs."

"What else Ethan?" Billy barked out, silencing the pack that had become a circle of heated whispers.

Ethan nodded to Andrea. Andrea stepped forward and handed Jaxon the bag. She pulled out a journal and the letter–the letter that changed it all.

"We first have this journal that names Thomas and Emmett both in code as conspirators of the 'Pure Seven' group of rebels. For those of you that don't remember, they were the ones that opposed the treaty that brought peace with the vampires. The journal goes on to talk about their plans to attack this pack, and their plans to use rogues to do it!"

Andrea paused as pack members snarled and growled out. Thomas was stiff, frozen and trying not to give anything away. He was caught red-handed. There was no denying this in front of the pack, not now, and not after we were done.

We weren't done at all.

Andrea put the journal away in the bag and pulled out the letter. "We have a letter that we found in one of alpha Chris Everette's journals! I won't read all of it, just some, but I think this will be enough dad.

'If I die, and you are reading this, it is because my father had a hand in it. I can't tell you how or why, other than I know that he is making moves. He's been talking more with Jeremiah Black and I fear that he's been turning Thomas against me.'

"'If you're reading this, you need to know that my father will do anything to get what he wants. I know he wants to stir up his cause again and I know Thomas has been eyeing my seat for a while and Miranda has been eyeing your mother as well.'"

Andrea stopped and looked over at Emmet and Lucy who were on their knees in the dirt. Lucy was weeping while Emmet was fuming with fury. If he wasn't tied up like a hog then he would try to have my ass; I almost hoped he would try something I could let Char have another go at him.

"Well, Lucy and Emmett? Want to tell this pack what your son meant?!" Andrea spat out.

The pack was like a tide. A tide rolling in pain, fear, and anger. I could feel it over the bond, feel the cracks start to form. Cracks that we would fix, that we would heal with the truth and justice.