Chapter Eight

I think I've made my mind up about how I think of Louis. I'm scared of him, as stupid as it sounds. He must be a rustic and unforgiving character if he is prepared to cheat on his partner who happens to be my teacher, with me. The way he managed to sneak into my school trousers with his teasing fingers was mindblowing; I shouldn't have been responsive and paralyzed like I'd been. I should've reacted like a realistic, clever person would've. I should've just pushed him away and told him everything about me and Liam. I should've just spilt everything that Louis had the right to know, but yet, I couldn't bring myself to it. 

I had just stood there like a dummy and let him feel me up. 

How stupid can I get?

The weekend passed quick enough, but it was uncomfortable. I heard Louis and Dad met up again for another drink as friends, Mum was rarely in because of her work, which gave me and Zayn a perfect opportunity to fuck. Again. He came round Sunday and Saturday night, leaving me limping slightly. He'd only topped on Saturday, but fucking hell had it been a rough one. He liked to savour our 'playdates' as he likes to call them, and spend them as 'wisely' as possible. Fucking waste of time for me.

Zayn waved me out of my daze. ''Dude. You zoned out,'' he said flatly, ''Somebody wants your attention.''

I look up to see Harry Styles, one of the most popular guys in our year, who happened to be in our French class. He had charming green sparkling eyes, sweet dimples and a figure even I envied. I'd made out with him back in forth year, when I was just discovering my inner... Shakira, I suppose you could say. We had just been about to have protected sex in the toilet cubicles when we heard somebody walk in, so we never got to tear either of our clothes off. Not even our ties. 

Even I had been disappointed. I still remember that sinking feeling in my heart when we heard another pupil slam open the toilet door while Harry's lips were attached to mine, his soft hands sprawling over my chest as I sighed and gasped as my hormones raged higher than ever. 

I'd finally gotten into the arms of one of the most popular, sex-loving guy in the school, and it had all been ruined. But, that was two years ago now. And neither of us had speaked to each other; until today.

I look up at Harry, smiling. ''Sup' with you? Haven't seem you in ages, Harry.'' I ask him nonchalantly as he leans over my desk, craning my neck to keep eye-contact.

''I know. It's been too long since we've...'' he breaks off awkwardly, and I can tell by the look in his eyes he's thinking back to fourth year. ''Not much. You?''

''I'm fine,'' I lie. A long silence stretches between us where all we do is look at each other.

''Uhm, look, Niall, I was wondering about this... rumor that's been going around... about you and Mr. Payne?'' he asks me slowly, his eyes narrowed to slits.

I can feel even Zayn stiffen up next to me. I clench my fists, trying to keep my face emotionless, and reply calmly. ''What rumours?''

''That... well... I'm not accusing you or anything-'' Harry added quickly, ''But there's been talk of you guys... seeing each other?''

I scoff, rolling my eyes. ''Mr. Payne? But he's a teacher,'' I frown, pretending to be revolted at the possibility. ''That's illegal.''

A swift grin spreads across his face, and I can see now why all the girls had liked him for their whole high school careers. ''I know,'' he pats my arm friendly. ''Sorry about that.''

''No, it's fine-who did you hear that from?'' I ask quickly before he turns away.

Harry frowns, thinking. ''Carys, seems to know something, I think.'' he shrugs before turning away, and I can't help but cast my eyes down to his ass.