Dr. Laurens MD

"Ah yes, Mr. Hamilton, you're gonna have our new doctor. He's certified don't worry. Dr. Washington recommended him for you."

    "Wait," Alex said, confused. "What happened to Dr. Washington, is she okay?"

    "You didn't hear? I thought you and George were close...Martha's having a baby!" Alex's eyes widened, excitedly as he opened his phone to email his old professor and father-figure a 'congratulations' as he sat in the waiting room. Alex had gotten into another fight with Jefferson. The only problem was, Thomas wore rings and had at least 5 inches on Alexander. Therefore making winning the fight a lot harder for the young lawyer. He had a bloody nose (which he was pretty sure was broken) and his ribs were killing him. Not to mention the deep gash in his arm.

    After about ten minutes of uncomfortable waiting, Alexander finally hear

    "Hamilton? Alexander Hamilton? The doctor is ready to see you." Alexander nodded and stood up, wincing at the pain the little action caused.

    He sat on the table, examining his split knuckles when he heard the door open and footsteps approach. He looked up to see the youngest doctor he's ever laid eyes on. He had curly and dark hair and Alexander could see freckles even though his gaze was directed at the brown clipboard in his hands. Alexander felt his cheeks grow hot as he stared at the man.

    "Alexander Hamilton?" The doctor asked, looking Alexander in the eyes. Alexander felt lost in his piercing brown eyes. An easy grin spread on the doctor's face. "So, what happened to you? I'm John Laurens, by the way."
    "H-hi," Alexander found himself stumbling over every word. "I-I got into a f-fight."
    Dr. Laurens laughed and sat at the stool nearest the examination table. "I see that. So, what's wrong?"
    "Uh, just some stuff, I'm pretty sure my nose is broken and my ribs really hurt and I have a cut on my arm and my knuckle are bleeding."

    "Wow," John whistled. "That's a whole lot of stuff. And you're cheeks are really flushed." He stood up put on a pair of gloves. Alexander smelled the latex as John's delicate hands grazed over his nose, causing Alex to hiss in pain.

    "That's not a good sign," Laurens frowned. "This may hurt, so be prepared." John pinched his nose to feel if it was crooked around the bridge. Alexander yelped as John pinched it. "I think you're right Alex, can I call you that?" Alex nodded to John continued. "You've got a broken nose. But it's pretty mild. I can pop it back into place, but it might really hurt. Do you want me to, or should I give you pain medication first?"
    Alex puffed out his chest. "I can take a little pain."

    Amused, John said "I could tell by how quiet you were when I touched it." But he proceeded to push the bridge back into place. Alex tried his best, he really did, but he heard screaming. It wasn't until a few seconds after it stopped, he realized he was the one that screamed.

    "Great job," John said, smiling. "Do you mind laying down for me? I want to check your ribs as well." Alex nodded, still gingerly touching his nose, in pain. John had gotten him some ice to hold against his bruised nose.

    Alex felt goosebumps as the man touched his stomach, his fingers pressed on his ribcage. Alex barely felt it.

    "So, they don't seem broken, but might be fractured. I'll give you a wrap for it, don't run or jump or do anything to straining on them for a week or so, alright."

    Alexander nodded. John smiled at him. He cleaned up Alex's arm and put a bandage over it, same for his knuckles.

    "Don't make a habit of this, alright?" John said, smirking. He checked his watch. "It's, like, 3am man."

    "Then why did you sign up to be a doctor if you can handle long hours?" Alex sassed. This time, a deep blushed went over John's cheeks.

    "Was a childhood dream," John said. "To help hurt people, y'know? If I had known I'd be helping half-drunken, cute idiots who fight others, I might not have done so."

    Alex smiled, John had called him cute (he also called him an idiot, but Alexander heard what he wanted to hear).

    "I know about you, Alexander." John said. "Martha says you're a lawyer. Well, I'll call you if any patients sue me, yeah?"
    "Yeah," Alex said, dreamily. John laughed and walked out of the room. Alex stared at the door John had just walked out of. For the first time, Alex couldn't wait for the next time Jefferson was an asshole, if it meant he could see John again.

"So you're sick, are you?" John asked a smirk on his lips. Alex feigned a cough before nodding. John put the back of his hand on Alex's forehead.

    "Nice try," He said. "No fever."

"Well," Alex countered. "I can't stop coughing, explain that."

"You have a cold?" John shrugged. "Asthma? Allergies? Dust? Pepper?" Alex couldn't

help but  laugh at that.

    "Well, if I don't have a cold then maybe my arm is broken." John reached forward and grabbed Alex's arm and pressed against it, up and down.

    "Nope. You're bone is completely intact. So cut the shit, Hamilton, why did you come here?"

    Cheekily, Alex grinned. "Well I needed some excuse to see you, didn't I?"

    John blushed but maintained a teasing attitude. "Hitting on your super sexy doctor? How very soap opera cliche, Alexander." Pausing, he scribbled something on his prescription pad and tore it off and handed it to Alex. He smiled, almost shyly, and walked out of the room. Stunned. Alex read it: Alexander Hamilton is lovesick. prescription :  call me - John

    Laughing to himself, Alexander Hamilton began to fathom that he fell in love with his doctor. It was insane.

    But so was Alexander.