The Other Side

Thank god @wolf__princess gave me a request bc i was dry out of ideas

I catch a glimpse of the other side, Laurens' leads a soldiers chorus on the other side. My son is on the other side, he's with my mother on the other side. Washington is watching from the other side

Teach me how to say goodbye

Rise up, rise up, rise up

Eliza

My love, take your time...I'll see you on the other side

Raise a glass to freedom...

Everything is a fast blur, Alexander faintly hears a gunshot as his arm is raised directly towards the sky. Then, all he can see is a blinding white light, engulfing him, pulling him in. He doesn't fight it, he's tired of fighting it. He lets it grab him. 

A fuzzy silhouette of a man stands over him. 

"huh?" mutters Alexander, was he dead? Who was this man. 

The figure comes closer and closer, but Alexander doesn't panic, he watches the mysterious man intently as it comes closer, still. 

"Alexander," said the voice. "I see your time is up."

Alex's eyes widen as the man speaks. It was the voice he'd been longing to hear. The man he pined for. The voice he wished he could hear nearly every day. 

"John..." Alexander murmurs, his voice failing him. John walks over, seemingly floating on nothing. He sits on his knees so he's making eye contact with Hamilton, who's lying down. Their eyes lock, for the first time in too many years. John reaches out a shaky hand and puts it on Alex's cheek, caressing it softly. He rubs the edge of his thumb on Alex's face, tenderly. 

"Oh, how I've missed you, my dear Alexander," John says, sadly. He pulls the man into a tight embrace, hugging him as if Alexander will leave him again soon. 

Alexander is shocked at first but melds into the soft embrace. Soon he is hugging the man back, head rested on his shoulder blade. He cards his fingers through John's fluffy hair. He missed John's touch. He missed John's voice, his eyes, his smile. He missed John.

John feels warm tears on his shoulder. He pulls Hamilton away but still holds the man's shoulders. "Why are you crying, my dear?" 

Alexander sniffs. "I miss her," he mumbles, softly. 

"Who do you miss?" John asks, pulling him back into an embrace. 

"Eliza." was the man's simple reply. His voice was heavy with sadness. 

John said nothing in return, only planting a kiss on Alex's forehead, lovingly. Alexander blushed, but smiled. His John was holding him again. Whirls of both happiness and sadness filled him.

"Where am I, John?" Alexander asks, getting up, his finger's laced through John's.

"The other side," John said, leading him away. Alexander likes the feeling of being able to hold John's hand in public (or whatever The Other Side was considered). 

John leads him into a house. Hamilton's house. 

"Wha--John, this is my house." He tells John. John smiles at him. 

"I know that, stupid." 

Alexander liked John's insults. They made him feel like nothing has changed between the two men. Still best friends. Still in love.

The 'house' looks the same, down to every detail. Soft piano music is heard throughout the entire place. 

Alexander recognizes the music, his eyes filling with both tears and curiosity. Could it be? Well, he met John again, why couldn't it?

He runs up to where the piano was, John at his heels.

"Un deux trois quatre, Cinq six sept huit neuf," sings 9 year old Phillip, who's sitting at the piano, his legs dangling from the piano seat, not yet long enough to touch the floor. 

"Phillip?" Alexander manages to stutter out, more tears coming to his eyes. His little boy, whom he missed so dearly, was sitting right there again. 

"Pa?" Phillip said, looking up, tears in his eyes as well. He leaps off the piano seat and flies into Alexander's extended arms. "You're here!"

"I'm here," Alexander repeats, squeezing Phillip. Words couldn't describe how happy he was to see not only John but his son as well. "I'm so sorry, son, so sorry."

Teen Philip is now hugging Alexander. "It's alright, father, I forgive you. I'm sorry as well."

Alexander was shocked by the sudden change in age, but not baffled. He assumed you could change age in this Other Side. 

Maybe that's why he felt so young again when he was with John, he actually was. 

John was waiting outside for Hamilton. "How was it?" he asks Alexander. 

"I missed him, John," Alex replies. "So much. I missed you so much, and now you're here and goddamnit John...I love you."

A smile spread through John's face as he kisses Alexander softly. Their kiss is desperate and happy. Kissing each other as though they'd lose each other. It was a kiss to fill all their years apart, soft lipped. 

"I love you too, Alexander. We can be together now, I promise."

50 years later ("i live another fifty years...")

"Alexander...?" said the soft, like bells, voice. 

Alexander smiled down at her. "Dearest Eliza, I see your time is up." 

was it good???