Chapter Ten: The battle

Lexa's PoV

Two days later:

it's been two days since Clark had took her own life, I have sent word to Arkadia for Clarke's mom and people come.

Every thing reminded me of her, the bed where we made love, the table where she sat and eat, I couldn't bare to look at them but I wasn't ready to give her up.

I laid in Clarke's bed doing nothing, like I have done for the past two days. The pain I was feeling has been the worst pain I have felt in my life and trust me I have felt some pain in my life... when I was eight my parents got killed for hiding me and not giving me to flame keeper at the Capital because they didn't want me to be commander.

When Costia the girl I thought I loved, had been killed by the Queen of Ice Nation and delivered her head to my bed, When I found out that Anya had been killed, When I killed Gusts.

This pain was no comparison compared to them, I felt like I have lost my self, like my soul has gone, like my heart had died with her.

Not only was I grieving, I was vulnerable, I knew that as the commander I was expected to be strong but I couldn't, I could eat, I couldn't think, I was like in a trance and time was just passing by me.

A knock came on the door I ignored it, not wanting to see anyone yet.
"Lexa.. it's me Abby" a voice said from the other side of the door, I knew I had to face her, sooner or later.

"Come in" I said in a horsey voice, not wanting to move from the bed.
The door opened and their stood Abby with reddish eyes, she had been crying to.
She came closer and I motioned her to sit on the bed.

She sat down and turned to face me, she look strait into my eyes "I miss her too" she said then she suddenly moved and braced me into a hug.

I flinched and tensed up at first, no one had touched me since Clarke had, but then when the shock had worn off I hugged her back, not saying anything, tears started rolling down my face again.

Abby pulled away to look at me "I'm so sorry Abby, I couldn't help her" I said between sobs, I felt guilty for not trying hard enough, for leaving her a lone again when she need me the most, for betraying her twice, once at Mt weather and the second time when I came running through her door.

I was feeling all types off feeling that I have never let my self feel before.

"It's not your fault Lexa" Abby said crying too.

--------

Ice Queen PoV

"For give me my Queen but have you heard the news?"
"What news?"
"The girl, from Skikrew has killed her self"
"I'm not surprised spending all that time with Lexa" the queen said

"Maybe.. but that's not all, Iv heard the commander is vulnerable, she is weak"

The Queen just looked at the grounder and smiled.

-----
Lexa's PoV

I knew it was time but I didn't want to go, I didn't want to say good bye but I had to, I owe that to Clarke.

When I got there, there was two white horses, Clarke was on the cart being pulled by the horses to take her home.

She was laying there with this white cloth over her and flowers all the way around her just like a princess.

I walked forward and rested my hand on her on her forehead, stroking her hair... "Until we meet again my love" I said quite so it was only between me and her.

The gates opened as she was about to leave, when they did open, hundreds of Grounders came swarming in... Ice Nation, I thought to my self.

"Ring the bell" I said to the gate keeper, "we're under attack!"

My warriors and my people came running out of the tents with weapons raised.

A grounder came to attack me, I wasn't even thinking about the battle that was happening around me, I was thinking about my life!, one friggin week! that's all I wanted off, one week to my self, where I can be a normal person who as just lost the love of their life.

A grounder came running towards me, sword raised Bellamy jumped in front of me and started shooting.

I snapped out of it, remembering my promise to Clarke, I went to grab my knife and realised I didn't have it, I haven't had it since Clarke had cut her self with it.

That's when a thought popped into my head... Clarke! "Abby, go take Clarke home!" I ordered

I grabbed a knife from a grounder who was dead on the floor.

----

The battle must have been going on for an hour and I have killed about seven Ice nation guards.

I looked around and saw loads of body's on the floor, we are losing, I thought to my self, people was changing sides and joining the Queen.

Distracted momentarily I didn't notice the three guards coming towards me, they grabbed me and pushed me down to my knees.

I was having Deja Vu ... I had been here before.

The Queen came towards me saying "Sorry for your loss" as she was laughing her evil laugh and then she hit me hard on the head which knocked me out, the last think I recall was her evil laugh echoing through my head.

-----

When I woke a few seconds later, things were blurry and i was looking up at the night sky, I lifted my self up to look around feeling confused.
I was back on the cliff at Mount Weather and the people fighting was my warriors.

Authors note: Sorry to end it there (: The next chapter will be the final but I will try and make it really long (:
let me know what you think by commenting.