Chapter Nine: Clarkes final breath

Clarks PoV

I woke up screaming, Lexa was still holding me, she reached up and moved the hair out of my face, "It's ok Clarke, it was just a dream... Your ok Clarke, Iv got you" she kept saying to reassure me.

She wiped the tears that started flowing down my face. "I'm scared Lexa." "Your ok, I won't let anyone hurt you." and with just them few little words I felt a little bit better, I'm not sure how Lexa does that, Make everything better but she does.

Two Days Later

The dreams are still there, worst than ever, I have tried everything, I even went to the Holy Ground, to ask God for forgiveness and still that didn't help.

I looked a mess I couldn't eat, I wasn't sleeping and I felt guilty because I was making Lexa suffer too, she said she didn't mind and maybe she didn't but that didn't make me feel any less guilty.

-----

Lexa just walked into my room like she had done for a hundred times now.
I was sat at the table, food in front of me but I wasn't eating I couldn't stomach it, I knew I had to say something even if I didn't want to.

I waited till Lexa joined me at the table to eat, she looked just as bad as I did, dark circles under eyes, face filled with worry and stress.

"Erm Lexa, we need to talk"
she looked up at me, something in her eyes told me she new what I was about to say.

Lexa's PoV

I felt so tied and drained, I couldn't wait to just get back into the room with Clarke and hold her, I didn't like leaving her but my duties come first.

I walked into the room and saw Clarke at the table with food but she wasn't eating again, I went to joint her looking at the girl I love, she looked so weak and fragile.

When I heard Clarke say "We need to talk" I got this sick feeling in my stomach, I knew that me being happy was to good to be true, everyone always takes the things that makes me happy because even though I was tied and drained, I was glad that Clark was by my side.

I looked up at her, knowing she would be able to read the sadness in my eyes, She was going to end it, I know it, I could feel it, she no longer wants to be mine. I nodded for her to proceed.

Clarke's PoV

When Lexa nodded I continued.. "I think you should sleep in your own room to night"

Lexa didn't say anything, her eyes became more sad if that was possible and she just nodded.. so I carried on "its what's best for you."

Lexa: I listened to what Clark was saying and it made me angry..
"Don't you think, I can decided what's best for me?" I shouted at her

Clarke: "Look at you, look at what I'm doing to you!" I shouted back at her, after I got over the shock of Lexa shouting at me.

Lexa thought about it for a moment before replying.
"But this is my choice, I can't leave you alone like this not again, this is because of me"

Clarke: "Lexa you ow me nothing, you done more than I could ever ask for"

Lexa: "Do you want me to leave?"

Clarke thought about it for a second... "I don't want you to leave, of cause I don't but I can't watch you suffer because of me."

By this point we were both stood up, Lexa nodded at my choice.
I walked over towards her tears running down my face, I looked strait into her eyes, taking every thing in for the last time.