The light from my pad wasn't as bright as it was couple of minutes before thanks to my forgetting to charge it as so I bumped into a chair and an art stall on my way to ops.

When I got there, Phillips' cursed could be heard from underneath his desk as he was checking the wiring.

"The whole place is out of power." I said and Phillips came out from under the desk.

"I know." He started as he sat on his chair. "I've been trying to connect to a wireless to get the footage. I think someone messed with a power trigger from the outside."

I made my way to him. "Do you know who?"

"No. Too dark to see." He said.

"This should have already started." He exclaimed

"Have you disconnected from the main plug?"

He started to say something which was probably Of course I have. But then bent and a click could be heard as the screen turned on.

"Now let's find out what is happening." He said as he played the security footage from ten minutes ago.

The camera on the east side of the yard showed a hooded figure carrying another one on his shoulders as they made their way to the back entrance.

"Wait a minute. This isn't from ten minutes ago. This is from now." Said Phillips as he looked at me and I know what he meant.

Someone found us.

"I have to go find Kala." I said making my way out to the doors as I reminded Phillips to search for the power outage.

I ran down the stairs. The lights from the pads that were here minutes ago wore out. There was no one in the main room. Jane had no time to look for them. Whoever it was that found them, they were going to enter soon.

She took a knife they were using to spread jelly on their toast from the coffee table and made her way to the east wing.

Jane had a bit of trouble finding her way to the doors with her pad's light starting to die. But she somehow managed not to stab herself as she got there eventually.

Not many people knew about the east entrance. Only those who worked at the ops and therefore kept an eye on everything.

To enter through here a password and a key was needed. And if you didn't have one a person would have a hard time getting in.

The lock started shaking as intruder tried to get in. And to Jane's horror. The doors opened revealing a large man in black holding another on his right side.

Jane stiffened and put the knife in front of her as the figure stepped in groaning at the small light of her pad and walked in slowly. The doors closed behind him.

And right then when she needed it most the light of her pad gave a final twinkle and went out.

"Put the damn knife away girl." She heard as her eyes grew accustomed to the darkness.

"Like hell I will." I grasped it even tighter. "Who are you and how did you find this place?"

"I have no time for this. But if you want to be of some help then go and get Kala and Doctor Santana. I would hurry if I were you. Unless you want this man to bled to death.

"I don't even know who this man is and you are wrong if you believe that I would turn my back on you let you roam this place." She could understand if the man was amused or angry at her.

The nerve he had.

Yet the voice was even though it was deep it was young. And a bit hoarse. Like he went without water for some time.

A groaning sound was heard from whoever he was holding on his side.

"Hold on." Jane heard the cloaked man say to him. "Just hold on."

"What happened?" Came hurried from behind her as a female hurried past her and went to the man.

"Evans?" It was Tucker who came to stand beside her. "Stand down."

"What's going on?" Jane asked, but no one seemed to hear her say it.

"Tucker, come here." Kala's voice.

"Turn the bloody light on!" The masked man shouted.

"Can't the power is out." Kala said and turned towards me. "You're pad, turn it on."

"The battery is out." An exhasparated sound then. "Mine isn't."

Hally.

What was she doing here?

Her pad's light burned brightly and they all needed to squint. But then she saw the figure remove his hood as Tucker took the other from his side and helped him walk. Dark, curly hair with undercut and dark almond shaped eyes. A young face with a day's scruff and a familiar tone as he said to Kala. "He needs a doctor."

"We will make sure he's well taken care off. It will be alright Thom."

Thom.

Jane knew that name. She recognized that voice when he fixated those eyes on her.

"Well, fuck me." He said. "It's the red jail bird."

It was the same young guard who escorted her the last year in prison. Thom.

And just like a month ago she had no idea what the hell was going on as he approached her and said. "Stop gawking and go do what she told you to."

She hadn't even realized Kala was saying something.

"Come on Jane, you are needed at the ops." She heard Hally said which brought her out of her daze and as the two sprinted down the hall she could feel his eyes on her back.

I am sorry but at one point I realized it wasn't a direction I wanted to go with the story and so I changed the chapter