Prologue

I stared at the advancing figure.

I'm I day dreaming? No!!! not at the college.

He was real and also seemed to be observing me, with that kindred spurious smile hovering on his lips. His close-set brown orbs gleaming. He looked much the same with the masculine body of his. He has grown a three days beard. His trim face had that old look of innocence. I did notice that he has changed his shaggy hair to a neat spike.

Now, he was twitching his lips. May be he has found me oddly staring at him. Why the hell am I bumbling like this. Is it the excitement or the revulsion in seeing my long lost best of friend which made me look like a wag?

While I was mulling over my own doubt and wondering about his presence in my college, someone seized me and pulled close to chest.

"HUH". I squeaked,  befuddled with the action.

Within fraction of seconds, I recognized that broad chest which was hogging my body.

"Hey, it feels like a decade" he exclaimed. I frowned.

Is this the way to behave? Why can't he just talk normal.
Uff! Always exaggerating.

" hey, u look glum. What happened? Is everything OK?"

What? I looked glum to him! Can't he see?had he gone blind? Seriously!! I'm glaring at him and he thinks I'm glum, sad???
WAIT!!! why am I angry with him? I am meant to be happy seeing him again, am'nt I?

I dreaded this question. Because, at the next moment, with a bam, I realized that I still love him. I couldn't conceive that thought. How can I Still love him? How could I, when I'm falling for an another person? Iam not that sort of a girl.But then, first love is always first love.

"Nandini? are you here?? Iam talking to you"he jiggled my shoulder.

I shoved my thoughts away and forced a smile on my face. I should smile at him, shouldn't I?

I was succumb to his worried face. But at the same instant I felt disdain for him.

"Ah! Hey ahh... I mean hi. You here? I'm surprised." I tried to sound non-chalant.

"Oh yes! actually I wanted to surprise you. But, you seem to be pissed off. May I know the reason?"

His query caught me off guard. My lungs surged, stomach lurched.

"No no....no whit. It's that...these teachers..they are making me whine over the course books" I trotted out, stuttering.

He didn't seem to be absorbed my excuse and I badly wanted to wriggle out of his question.

"but, what are YOU doing here?" 
I wanted to know.

"That I told you, didn't I? I'm here to see you. I was badly missing you. Did you miss me?"
he braggled. I flinched.
My heart battered against the confines of my ribcage.
WHAT!!! he has come long way here, just to see me? He missed me! Did he? REALLY!!