Chapter Twenty-Three

(I am so incredibly sorry about the super delayed update! I promise I'm trying to squeeze in as much writing time as I possibly can but with two jobs, and six classes it's not working out as well as I had hoped! Thank you all for the views and votes and for having so much patience with me! I ♥ you all so much :D You're amazing. -Leina♥)

(Completely and utterly unedited-I greatly apologize in advance for all the grammatical errors and spelling errors-Happy reading!) 

Nina POV

We have exactly ten minutes before Jaxon sends out a search party, I told Lyra. I stared down at Dylan's unconscious form. Taking him out was almost too easy, the poor guy never stood a chance once we were out of the sight of other pack members.

Jaxon had been checking on Dylan and I every fifteen minutes and his last check in was five minutes ago. Dylan and I had been walking down the southern border trail for almost an hour now.

Before I started to head towards the other side of the territory, Lyra stopped me. Wait, why don't you stay here by Dylan.

The whole point of this was to figure out what Jaxon and Jason are hiding. I can't do that near an unconscious body, I told her confused on why she would suggest staying by Dylan.

Jaxon will most likely come to make sure you're ok once he realizes he can't reach Dylan. Lyra pointed out.

I nodded my head thinking about the point she made. You think something might slip when he can't find me. I thought about the possibilities of this new plan that Lyra so cleverly came up with. That's a really good idea. We're already in trouble with him, how much worse can it get? I thought. My scent has been hidden this entire walk so they wouldn't be able to track me. I looked around at my surroundings trying to find a shrub that was dense enough for me to hide in. My eyes spotted one a couple yards away from Dylan and I snuck my way inside and waited until someone came to find us.

Luck was on my side when Jaxon and Jason showed up to find Dylan. I was a little weary on if they would or not, a big part of me thought Jaxon would send one of the warriors to find see what was going on. The Moon Goddess was definitely on my side at the moment. I remained concealed in the bush and listened to the footsteps approach. His scent invaded my senses and I knew they were close.

"Are you sure this is where Dylan said they were headed?" I heard someone ask.

"For the last time Jason, yes. He said Nina wanted to see the creek I took her to last time. This is the way to the c-" His sentence cut off. "What the fuck happened? Dylan!" Jaxon yelled. "Dylan!"

There were sounds of movement, twigs snapping and leaves crinkling. "He's alive, but he's knocked out cold." Jason verified the state at which Dylan was left in. "Alpha, do you think-"

"We need to find Nina." Jaxon said in a hurry cutting off his Beta.

I saw Jason stand up. Jaxon looked furious and worried at the same time. "Shit. Who do you think could've done this to Dylan?"

Jaxon ran a hand through his hair and tugged on it a little. "I have a couple ideas. Fucking hell, Nina's been keeping her scent hidden so we can't even track her!" He let out a roar of frustration.

Jason stood by idly, he appeared to be thinking. They both looked worried and it was slightly endearing seeing them worried about me. To bad for them they had nothing to worry about because I was the one who knocked Dylan unconscious.

"Do you think it's possible Laura didn't tell us something?" Jason finally asked.

I clenched my jaw down. When the fuck did they speak to Laura?