Chapter Eleven

Jaxon's POV

"WHERE IS SHE?" I yelled as soon as I jumped out of the SUV. I broke just about every driving law there was, but I made it back to Nina in two and half hours. Keiva saw me pull up and ran out of Nina's house. I raced over towards her and took in her broken state.

She sniffled a couple of times before answering me, my patience wore thin. "She's...she's at the pack clinic. The pack doctor is watching over her right now along with a couple of the elders."

"Where?" I stated firmly. I needed to find Nina fast. I could feel, what little there was of the mate bond grow thinner with each minute that past. Nina was fading and faster than my wolf and I could handle. It felt an invisible vacuum was sucking our soul away.

Keiva didn't answer me instead she stepped off the porch and began walking down the row of houses. Without needing any instructions I followed behind her wasting no time. The farther we walked down the row of houses, the more intense the mate bond grew. My body knew that Nina was within our reach, and it begged to see her. Every ounce of my body, of my soul cried out for her. Zev was growing more impatient as well.

Mate is close, I feel her.

I replied back him, yes she is.

Don't leave her this time, he snapped at me.

For the love of...Zev I told you I wasn't going to leave her again. This time, we're going staying no matter what.

He seemed satisfied with my response. I turned my attention back to Keiva. Every so often I heard the faint sound of a sniffle come from her. The way this situation affected her only intensified the seriousness of Nina's condition. The Beta of the pack was suppose to step into the role of the Alpha when the Alpha was away. They were suppose to keep the pack strong and put up a good front. But taking in Keiva's current emotional turmoil fueled my determination on fixing this issue.

At the last second Keiva darted into one of the houses. Even from outside my senses were bombarded by the stench of sterile products. I pushed through the door hot on Keiva's heels. She maneuvered her way around the lobby full of females, all of them tensed up from the male presence that made its way through the room. I tried to soften my features, knowing my stern expression would only cause more bad than good at the moment. I knew what most of these women had gone through, and I wanted to show them I wouldn't repeat their mates mistakes with their Alpha.

I stepped foot into the last room at the end of the long white hallway. There, laying in bed was Nina. Although this was the pack clinic, the room had a normal bed. Truthfully from the brief scan of the room I noted the lack of hospital. It appeared to be like any other bedroom in a regular house. Aside from the minimal home decor on the walls, the overall feel of the room was relaxing, which was the complete opposite of most pack clinics. I returned my attention to my mate that lay in the full size bed. She looked pained, her skin was glistening with sweat, her cheekbones were more prominent than they had ever been before, her skin had grown sickly pale. Zev whimpered at the sight of her, and my heart grew heavier in my chest. I knew this was going to be hard, having to witness her in this condition, but this was ten times harder than I anticipated.

"Oh Nina," I whispered as I rushed to be at her side. I knelt down getting closer to the height of the bed. Once I was by her side I brushed the side of her cheek with my knuckles. Nina's skin was cold, colder than the average human's, which meant it was too cold for a wolf. "Nina," I whispered again. "Don't worry baby, we'll get you out of this mess." My hand reached over and clasped her's. Her hand felt fragile in my grasp.