Chapter Three

*Edited 05/01/2018

Nina POV

Voices stirred me out of my sudden slumber. As soon as I heard the voices I realized I was utterly fucked. I noted I was laying down on a seat, a carseat no doubt. It took me all of two seconds to realize that after I fainted my scent was no longer hidden. Any werewolf within a mile radius would've been able to pick it up no problem.

The voices were male, most likely the werewolves who I had seen in the bus station not long ago. It seemed one was having a one sided conversation, but then I heard what sounded like a muffled voice and realized they were talking on the phone.

There were two things I could be happy about in this moment. 1) My mate was not one of the people in the car. 2) I was not sleeping for long because whoever was on the phone had just been informed that I had been caught. Their voices were hushed, but I could still make out every word they said, aside from the person who was on the other end of the phone.

"Yes."

Pause.

"Yes we're positive it's her."

Pause.

"We were bombarded by her scent and when we followed it we found her sleeping on the ground in the middle of the woods, it's definitely her."

There was yelling coming from the other line of the phone, nothing I could make out though. They must've been talking to my mate, no one else would've had a reaction like that.

"She's fine, there were no visible marks on her," there was another pause before he agreed to meet up at whatever place was suggested.

"He really doesn't trust us to bring the right girl?" A voice laced with amusement asked.

There was a laugh right after from who I assumed was the first speaker. "Maybe he thinks we'd pick up a random girl in hopes it would finally shut him up about his mate."

My assumption was correct, that was indeed my mate on the other end of that conversation. That thought sent an uncontrollable jerk through my body, one that didn't go unnoticed by them.

"Shit, I think she's waking up. Oh fuck what do we do if she wakes up?" The second voice asked.

"Dude, are you actually scared of her?" He chuckled to himself before he continued talking. "If you don't want her to wake up then I suggest you shut up."

Too late for that dumbasses, I thought to myself and almost scoffed but that would've blown my cover. My best chance of being able to flee this situation was pretending to be asleep. With my thoughts on keeping my heart rate steady, and my breathing at an even pace, I should be able to keep up this cerade.

Game plan...you need a game plan...my thoughts were racing as I analyzed all the ways to potentially get myself out of this predicament. I was fortunate that quick thinking was one of my strong suits.

I'd like to see you weasle your way out of this one, Lyra taunted me.

Oh I will, and when I do you and I are going to have a nice chat about the little stunt you pulled back in the woods.

Fine by me, she answered back.

I didn't give her an answer back. I fully intended to have a long talk with her, all I had to do was tuck and roll out of the car...ok not literally because that would be too obvious but I'd think of something.

As suggested by voice number one, voice number two had indeed shut up. All that did was make me nervous. I needed to know more. If they were speaking I'd be able to pick up more information, but now I was stuck with so many questions. How much time did I have? Where were they meeting at? How far away were we from their pack? If I was lucky they'd drive separate from my mate back to their territory. But as I could guess luck would not be on my side and we were most likely driving to meet him somewhere close by.