Prologue *

F YOU KNOW ME IN REAL LIFE

If you know me in real life, aka at school, then stop right here and go no further.

If you found me by stalking me: Screw you and go away. This is my private life.

If you found me accidentally: The books aren't ready to be read by you yet! <3

If you are a literary agent who has stumbled onto this book as a result of a query to you. Please stop. Please do not keep reading. I wrote this draft when I was 15 years old without any seriousness in writing. It is terribly, terribly written. The only books on this site that are moderately all right to read are Kidnapped, Maelstrom, and Revenge, and even those are terribly limited to quickly written drafts that I have not edited a single spec. I swear I am a better writer than what it seems when you first look on Wattpad. Thank you. And an even bigger thank you and a hug if you email me back asking for a partial or a full or an offer (okay I'll give you a hug even if you reject me, because the world needs more hugs). 

Welcome to Blue Moon... have fun.  

Prologue

                It was cold and rainy when it happened. Her small hand was in mine, and I lead her down the dark and narrowed streets of New York. It had been an average day at school; I had gotten a good grade on my English essay I had worked so hard on and Jeremy Starr had even talked to be a little bit. That was the good thing.

                After I had picked her up from second grade, we ate dinner at the subway station and walked home. Mom and Dad would be home from work by now. They are astrophysicists. I guess that means I should be smart too, but I'm not. Let me re-phrase that. I'm clever, not smart. There is a difference. The first means that I am good at math and graphs and that sort of thing. The latter means that I can pick up on people's personalities easily, am an excellent liar, and have a tendency to make handy escape plans. Like a cat.

                I lead the way up the stairs and unlock the door to our apartment. It was dark, but I hadn't thought that unusual; I just figured our parents had run into traffic. But then I realized something was terribly wrong. A table had been overturned so that Mom's prized vase lay shattered on the floor. The curtains were tattered. With a lump in my throat, I caught the sight of a few drops of blood on the ground.

                Movement behind me.

                I screamed. It had yellow eyes and sharp, razor-like teeth.

                Pain, like I'd never felt before. Then it went away.

I heard her scream too. I knew it had happened to her too.

I opened my eyes to see two bodies on the ground. I screamed again as I realized it was my mother's and father's bodies.

A voice near my ears, harsh and inhuman. "The veins in which the river shall flow shall open up the way for those less than him to quiver and for him to give way."

I screamed again and felt tears running down my cheeks. No. I am dying. No. No. No...