"Damn-it, fine," I grumbled. I really wanted to be the bad cop.  

We walked back into the hall and then through the steel door. I could hear the man's chains move in response to the sound we made upon entering. He knew we were coming and I found myself hoping that he felt an ounce of the fear that Sadie did every time they attacked.  

We passed by the first two cells and stopped in front of the third one, which was occupied by the hunter. He had his hands wrapped around the thick metal bars that kept him hostage. The small, flat bed in the corner looked untouched and from the looks of his face, he hadn't rested at all. His all black attire was ripped and covered in dirt from the battle and his once combed back hair was disheveled and limp.  

"Hunter," Ethan growled out. "Move back." The man complied without a word and Ethan opened the cell door. "This is how it's going to work, we only want to know one thing. So I will ask you that one thing and if you don't answer you get pain. The quicker you answer the quicker this will be over." 

The man didn't respond at all, other than to eye up the objects in our hands. I couldn't tell if he was nervous or not, his face was completely blank and his body unmoving.  

"Where is your home base?" I asked, getting the ball rolling.  

"Heaven is where I call home, a place you will never see," He spat out.  

Without missing a beat, Ethan threw a punch into the man's face with the hand that wore the brass knuckles. The man's left cheek immediately split open as his face whipped to the side. He yelled out in pain as he brought his hand up to cradle his cheek.  

"Again," Ethan ordered. 

"Where is your home base?" I repeated.  

The man dropped his hand away from his face and the blood trickled down freely. His eyes bounced between Ethan and I a few time before he responded, "I do not answer to the guard dogs of the Devil." 

Ethan threw his head back and laughed, "That's a first. I can honestly say I have never been called that before." The second he stopped speaking he threw another punch, causing the existing cut to widen.  

The man yelled out again, but this time, instead of holding his injury, he launched his body towards Ethan. I reacted quickly, dropping the blow torch and grasping the iron bar with both hands before swinging it full force into the man's stomach.  

He stopped mid-lunge and grasped his stomach as he fell to his knees. I winced slightly knowing how much damage the hit likely did. He was hunter, but that also meant that he was a human. If a shifter were to take a hit like that it would definitely hurt, but we would heal quickly. Whatever damage I had just done would likely kill the man. Even knowing all that, I found it hard to actually feel sorry for him. I knew that if given the chance he would surely torture any one of my pack members just the same, if not worse.  

Ethan knelt down beside the man and roughly lifted his face up, "Do we really need to repeat ourselves?" 

I watched the man stare Ethan down as he took several deep breathes. I gripped the bar tightly, ready to swing again if necessary. The man ripped himself away from Ethan's grasp and then spit in his face.  

Calmly, Ethan stood up. He dropped the brass knuckles and stretched his hand out to me, "Give me the rod and torch." 

I slowly handed over the iron rod and then reached down to where I had dropped the small torch. I pulled out the small lighter from my pocket and then handed them both to Ethan. He quickly lit the torch and then began to heat up the iron rod.  

"Last chance hunter," I spoke up, making him aware of what was to come. "Just tell us where and I will put a stop to this." 

The man's eyes went wide as he took in the red color that the iron rod had taken. I was positive that he realized the type of damage that it would cause once it touched his skin.