1. (Snippet)

"Yo E!" Someone called from across the street causing Ethan to look up from his phone and in that direction "Aye wassup nigga" He dapped his right hand man up.

"Shit" He looked around as they walked to Ethan's car "And Definitely not this block damn E shit moving slow now?" He teased referring to the amount of Ethan's customers.

He unlocked his door and got in "You don't even believe that bullshit" He replied back in a laugh not even phased by the remark. Zay laughed too after getting in "Of course, but yo how Moms been she aight? She good?" He asked his face suddenly laced with concern

"Yeah she good, Muhfucka you ain't gone be good if you don't go see her" He joked starting his car up. Zay sighed and sat back "I know man I just been busy"

Isaiah has looked at Ethan's Mom as his own since they were kids. He's 23 now and Ethan's only a few months older. Zay bounced from foster home to foster home as a kid

But, that only lasts so long when you're in a city like New York. As soon as 15 he ran to the streets to make his own money. That's when he met Ethan, the young boy who was all about School and ball.

Was.

During this time Ethan's mother was getting beat on by his father, Also named Ethan. He felt helpless and weak not being able to help his mother when his father would come home drunk. Accusing her of outrageous shit that often led to him putting his hands on her.

Ethan didn't understand why his mother refused to leave when he would beg her to whenever his father wasn't around. It frustrated him. To the point where he eventually stopped trying.

The day he met Isaiah was supposed to be a regular day. His mom and dad would start arguing to the point where it drove him out of the house and to the court.

He ended up challenging this kid who sat on the bench critiquing his shot like he knew some shit. They got a game going and it was lunch on the loser, Ethan had no money but he didn't need the money to bet because he knew he'd win. And that's exactly how it played out.

Over lunch they found themselves getting acquainted and E ended up venting to Isaiah about how much he hated his father and all the stuff he put his mother through, how bad he wanted him out etcetera, etcetera.

Isaiah felt for the boy although the was younger he was more mature mentally, he was sure he had seen, been though and done more than the dude sitting across from him, so long story short He constructed a plan that got Ethan's dad out for good. Which earned him a lifelong friendship and the mother he always yearned for.

"I feel you bra this shit ain't gone move itself" Ethan pulled off In his 2017 328i BMW.

Silence filled the car as they drove but not an awkward one. "Fuck" E cursed causing Zay to sit up and look out the window "Oh man my bad" He chuckled as he turned a corner "I just forgot something" Zay sucked his teeth before getting comfortable again

Moments later they were in front of a pharmacy "Aww don't tell me one of these hoes done finally got ya ass.. Cause I swear to god you ain't gone hear the end of it" Zays loud ass mouth said as he got out after E "Man shut up" He laughed "I ain't even that much of a hoe" Zay side eyes him but said nothing else.

As they entered the pharmacy Ethan made sure he had all of his mothers prescriptions before approaching the pharmacist area of rite aid.

He was looking down at his phone while he waited since no one was at the counter for some reason. He felt Zay tapping him repeatedly so he looked up giving him the meanest mug "What nigga!?" Zay smirked and pointed in front of him