Chapter Twenty Two..

Elsa's P-O-V

I am waiting for them to say something while we are all gathered in the living room. Their eyes are shifted to look at me and at Manny and at the door where Jack is in. I can't still understand but I felt like they are keeping something from me and that concerns Jack.
I walked to stand beside Manny when he sighed and reached for his laptop lying on the table.
He handed it to me while playing a video. It is Pitch while killing a certain someone but that didn't caught my attention. His message caught me.

"Hello Elsa. Remember Jack? yea. Your precious fiance is here breathing his last breath. Oohh. I didn't mean to hurt him. I Just want to avenge my son's death because of you because you are the reason why I have to kill him. Well, now we are even. say goodbye to your lover boy. If you want to avenge your fiance's death, come on and find me. Good bye Elsa Arendelle. See you when I see you.."

I looked at them in disbelief. I don't understand. Jack is my fiance but why can't I remember him and why can't he remember me?

"Why can't I remember him if he is my fiance?" I asked.

"You were devastated a few days ago. You don't want to live anymore and you wanted to die." Manny said. "You can't take the pain that Jack's death caused you so you wanted to forget about it.
So I injected you with the serum. That is why you can't remember anything."

I shook my head. "That is impossible."

"You're not going to believe us because you don't remember anything but when the memory is triggered, it will make it's way to your mind until you will finally remember." He explained. "Those dreams last night is not just a dream but they are your memories Elsa."

"Why can't I remember anything?!" I began to sob. "I feel like I am crippled because I can't remember my past and if what you are saying is true, why can't Jack remember me?"

Manny sighed. "That is the thing we don't understand. Maybe Pitch did something to him."

"Like brainwashed him or something?"

He nodded. "We are still looking for the cure for the both of you."

"I want to see him." I said.

Rapunzel appeared from the kitchen. "Breakfast is ready. You can see him after that."

"I'm not hungry." I sighed.

She nodded. "Okay then. Why don't you give him his breakfast? I bet he is bushed." She handed me a tray of food with pancakes and fruits and a honey and chocolate syrup in a separate container.
I just smiled at her before entering the room where he is kept.
Everyone sighed and went to the kitchen before going inside the dining area.

I looked at him when I entered and he looked back at me. I placed the tray of food on the table and moved it in front of him.
I am going to unchain his hand but a thought stopped me.

"You're not going to kill me, right?" I asked nervously while looking at him.

He chuckled. "I can't believe the killer of my parents do have a sense of humor."

"I did not kill your parents." I sighed. "But if you don't want to believe me, it's okay. I can't change the fact that we are both a victim here."
I unchained his right hand while kept the left.
He sighed a relief when he moved his left hand and rest it on the table.
He reached for the fork and sliced a piece of the pancakes when he frowned and reach for the container of syrups.

"You do want to put a honey syrup there." I said involuntarily.

His eyes widened. "How did you know?"

I shook my head. "I don't know."

He poured it on the top before looking at me again.

"It's not poisoned, right?" He asked.

I laughed. "Nope. I think poison as an ingredient is not in Punzie's cookbook."

"Punzie... Well, there is a ring on it." He mumbled before shoving the piece of his food in his mouth.
He smiled and shove another one.

"You look like you're enjoying it." I smiled.

He nodded. "Yeah. The food in the nightmares den is tasteless." Then he looked at me while standing in the far corner of the room. "Aren't you hungry?"

I shook my head. "I'm not hungry. You should go ahead and eat. I am fine."

"Its not that convincing." He frowned. "It looks like something is bothering you."

I groaned. "Don't remind me."

"Having a bad day? Me too." He teased. "Well, do you mind opening up to the person who tried to kill you last night?"

I sighed. "Well, it is mostly about you Jack."

He frowned. "What have I done now?"

"The rings." I answered. "Well, I think we know each other before. Something inside me says that I am. . . . . Somewhat connected to you."

"Oh." He sighed. "Well, we're the same."

"What is it?"

"I can hear my voice calling someone "snowflakes" and telling that someone that I love her." He frowned. "But I don't know who."

"I feel like there is something missing." I muttered.

"Do you have any idea what happened to my family if you didn't kill them?" He asked.

I shook my head. "I told you, I am not a murderer. You should be asking the Big four. They told me that they grew up with you."

"Really?"

"Yep. They will check on you later." I said.

Silence filled the room until Jack cleared his throat.

"Yes?" I hummed.

"I am done." He said and before I could stand, he throw me his fork like a dagger but I luckily nudged it and chained his hand back while he is trying to fight me.

I sighed. "You should really stop trying to kill me Jack."

"And why is that?" He hissed. "I am going to avenge my family's death that you did."

"For the millionth time, I didn't kill your family." I said. "I know how that feel because I lose mine. The only one I have is my sister and later I found out that my boss is my Father. But, all those years, I feel like a am alone."

He stopped struggling and glance at me. "Fine. But I still didn't trust you."

"Funny. You don't trust me yet you kiss me last night plus you are trusting the wrong person." I said while walking in front of him. "If I were you I am not going to trust your so called uncle."

"Why?"

"Trust needs to be earned Jack and Pitch didn't do anything for you to give your trust to him yet you do." I shook my head.

I held the tray on both hands before going outside but he stopped me.

"I am confused now." He sighed.

I sighed and give him a weak smile.

"Me too. Jack."
.