From Enemies to Best Friends (Ch. 4)

Hello!

I would really appreciate feedback so I know if this is any good or not.

Votes are great too!! Just click the button!! It's right over there!! --------->

:]]

(I do like comments better, though. They make me happy! :D)

OR you can be a really awesome person and do both! :]

Also, special thanks to munshi for commenting on the prologue and last chapter, I wouldn't have posted this chapter tonight otherwise.

Anywhooo, thanks.

Mercedes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been wondering what it would be like to kiss Nick. If there would be any spark. So when he suggested that we kiss in front of my friends to see their reaction (that was the apparent excuse), I was thinking maybe I'll just go along with it.

"Hmmm... well that WOULD be hella funny." I said to try to avoid the awkward silence that was sure to occur with that look he was giving me.

"Okay, so uhh... we're doing it then?" He asked nervously, "I mean kissing... not... you know..."

I chuckled and tried to look confident, "Sure, I guess. Get ready." I grabbed some popcorn and threw it at them to get their attention. Then, I immediately turned my head away and watched as they turned around from the corner of my eye.

I smiled as I looked at Nick and he grinned like I've never seen him grin before. I reached up and put my hand on his cheek as we leaned in closer. I heard gasps as our lips were mere centimeters apart. We paused to add suspense to the situation; actually we had paused to snicker at them.

Finally, our lips met. I'm sorry to say it felt right, like the way it should be, like our lips were made to fit together. I knew I had feelings for him but I didn't know they were so strong. This was definitely going to make things harder for me later.

I thought it would only be about a ten second kiss but it got deeper. He had his hands on my face like he thought I was going to get up and run away; there was no way I was pulling back from this until I had to! My hand I had on his cheek earlier was now on his neck. I could feel his heart racing beneath my fingers. I hoped to God he was feeling the same as I was right now. We broke apart when we heard my friends cheering. What a bunch of lame-O's. They must have been pretty stunned because that kissed felt like it lasted forever.

Wait, no. It was just Rachel that was cheering. Damn her. I wasn't ready for that to end yet. Paige and Sarah on the other hand, were still dumbfounded.

We laughed and high-fived, making them realize it was just for show.

"You guys suck." called Paige. I looked at her and saw her short blond hair swishing back and forth as she shook her head furiously; her blue eyes looked black in the lighting, making her seem even angrier. We just laughed even harder.

"Hey you kids shut the hell up!" the man from earlier yelled, "Make a ruckus again and I'll have you kicked out!"

"Party pooper." I whispered so only Nick could hear.

He laughed and said, "Geez, when is this movie going to start?"

"8:15" I told him.

"That's what time it is now!" he complained.

Just then, the movie started. Right on cue.

I had no idea what the first five minutes of that movie was about. I just kept thinking about that kiss. I knew I shouldn't have let it happen; I'll never be able to let it go. It intensified the feeling I already had for him, I thought it was hard watching him flirt with other girls before; well it sure as hell is going to be even harder now.

Nick leaned close to me and his warm breath on my neck sent my heart into a flutter. "Rachel is looking up here again," he chuckled; time for another show.

I giggled as if he was saying sweet nothings in my ear and turned to him. "What do you want to do this time?" I said smirking. There was no way I was going to be able to watch this movie anyway, why not make good time out of it.

"I'm out of ideas, do you have any?"

"Hmmm..." I said, making sure not to look away because Rachel was probably still staring. "I got it, just go with it."

"Okay," he agreed.

I leaned in slowly and kissed him again, to them, I'm sure it looked like I was making a move on him. We tried to make it look real, which wasn't hard, and moved with as much passion as we could muster. He put his and on my cheek and I put my hand on his wrist, close to my face. I kissed him one more time before slowly pulling away. We leaned back into our seats and just stared at each other for a while until I broke our gaze and looked down at his hands. I grabbed one and entwined our fingers; without breaking our hold, I lifted his arm and put it around my shoulders.

We were sitting there holding hand, just enjoying the moment, when we happened to glance down at my friends. Apparently, Rachel had told them to look because they were all sitting there, staring, like deer in headlights. We looked at each other and tried our hardest not to laugh.

"I say we keep this going," Nick whispered in my ear and kissed my cheek with his soft lips.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"I say we keep this going," I whispered in her ear and then lightly kissed her cheek.

The truth is, I was enjoying this way too much. She's my best friend, I feel like I'm ruining it in some way; but I mean, I've been wanting to kiss her for years now! I know, I shouldn't have been so mean in the first place. So yeah, that is my fault. But now that we are finally close, I just don't want to ruin things.

After tonight, I know for sure I can't hide my feelings forever.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

He used his free hand to grab my chin and turn my face towards him. My heart began to race as I looked into his eyes. Okay, this needs to stop before we actually do mess things up... after this one last time...

What?

I can't help myself!

Our lips met and I immediately felt a spark, even with how gently we kissed. Somehow, this kiss was better than the first couple of times. It felt as if he had meant to kiss me for real, no just to get a laugh. Curious, I put my hand on his chest. His heart was beating more rapidly than mine!

I sat back and looked at him.

"What?" he whispered, confused as if he felt had he had done something wrong.

"We should probably stop now, before we get too far." I chuckled.

"I guess you're right," he said sounding disappointed, "look at them though."

I looked down and laughed at my poor, gullible friends. We high-fived again and the expression on their faces instantly went from shocked to angry. "We must be pretty good actors," I said still laughing.

My phone vibrated in my pocket.

'Asses-from all of us.' sent by Rachel

I showed it to Nick and we both smiled at them innocently.

I turned my attention to the movie and tried to focus. This movie was supposed to be scary? It's absolutely boring! I've seen scarier things in my basement.

I looked over at Nick, who seemed to be engrossed in it, and snickered. He had the most terrified look on his face. He must have heard me because he punched me in the shoulder playfully.

"You weren't supposed to see that," he said sheepishly.

It wasn't until then I realized how close he was; he still had his arm around me. 'Oh well,' I thought to myself. I was too comfortable to have the motivation to move it.