Episode 4 ▶ Quinceañera

Mulai dari awal

"Brandon." Mariana answered. I noticed Tayla's face fall. Brandon noticed too because he kissed her on the forehead. "Yeah, I mean, but you're my date."

"Well, duh." Tayla tried to play it off.

"Who is Camila dancing with?" Jude asked.

"Yeah, about that. I was going to let you choose who you wanted to dance with. You know that guy, you hang out with?"

"Zeke?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Zeke?" Almost everyone in the room, repeated. All eyes were on me and I frowned. "What?"

"Who's this Zeke guy?" Callie asked.

"No one, he's just a friend." I stated.

"You sure about that?" Jude asked me, his eyebrows raised like everyone else's. I roll my eyes, closing my journal. "Yes, I'm sure." I get out of my seat, looking at Mariana as I make my way to leave.

"I'll ask him."

<><><><><><>

I laid beside Callie, staring at the ceiling as she did her homework. The both of us were listening to Lexi and Mariana talk about the party.

"Should I have Mariachi?" Mariana asked. "That's traditional."

"So is having a Catholic mass and you're not doing that." Retored Lexi.

Mariana nodded. "Yeah, true. What about the shoe ceremony?"

I looked just in time to see Jesus standing out in the hallway, looking at Lexi. I looked at Lexi who smiled at him, totally ignoring Mariana.

"Uh-uh. No." She said paying no attention whatsoever.

"A doll thing?" Mariana questioned, as Jesus walked away.

"My mom's going to be here any minute." Said Lexi. "I'm going to go use the ladies' room."

I kept in my scoff, smirking.

She was not going to the bathroom. Am I the only one noticing this?

"The ladies' room?" Mariana questioned, confused but Lexi was already out of the room.

"Hey, so I know your moms made you ask us to be in your party." Said Callie, grabbing my attention. "So, we can tell them we don't want to do it."

Mariana shrugged. "I don't know. Whatever. If you don't want to."

"No, it's not that we don't want to." I interjected. "It's if you don't want us to."

Mariana just shrugged. "I don't mind. You know, you don't have to."

"No, we know we don't have to." Callie said.

Mariana just shrugged again "Ok, well, it's up to you."

Callie and I looked at each other before nodding. "Ok. Well, then yeah." I said. "But we don't know how to waltz."

"Well, neither do I." Mariana replied. "A friend of our moms is teaching us."

"Cool." My Sister and I said in unison.

With that, all Mariana said was. "Cool."

<><><><><><>

"Ooo, a Quinceañera." Said Zoey, taking the top off of her water. "That sounds fun." She looked at Owen who was eating a bag of potato chips beside her. "You want to go?"