Episode 4 ▶ Quinceañera

Dedicated theinkslingerr

"Make them thinner than that, sweetheart." Stef told Jude who was cutting cucumbers, helping her cook dinner. As usual, the kitchen was pretty much hectic.

Everyone was getting ready for Mariana's Quinceañera this weekend. Lexi was sitting at the other counter with Mariana making goodie bags, while I was sitting beside Jude, drawing the sink and windows across from me.

Drawing has really been helping lately, slowly but surely I've been getting more rest. 

"I'm just making sure you have Mariana's playlist." Lena walked into the kitchen on the phone. "Nothing too provocative or with any explicit lyrics."

I smirked, catching Mariana and Lexi rolling their eyes at each other.

"What's for dinner?" Jesus came into the kitchen, grabbing a bag of chips that were beside me.

"Not chips, my friend." Stef grabbed the bag out of his hands.

Jesus looked at my drawing. "You're good."

"Thanks." I smiled.

Stef took a peek. "He's right. You are good, better than good. Where did you learn to draw like that?"

I shrugged. "I've just always been good, call it a gift, I guess." 

"That's cool, honey." She rubbed my back.

I smiled and Tayla walked in with Brandon, Callie coming in a moment later.

"Hey, can Talya stay for dinner? " Brandon asked, as Callie stood beside me and Tayla leaned on the counter in front of us.

"Ooh, Lexi, too?" Pleaded Mariana.

"Sure." Said Lena who was now off the phone.

"Hey Callie, how was your day?" Stef asked her.

"Uh, it was good." Callie shrugged.

"Uh, so Callie, you know my friend Kelsey?" Mariana asked out of the blue.

"Oh, the one who lied and said I sold her drugs?" Callie retorted.

"Yeah, well she's in rehab."

"I'm sorry to hear that." Callie apologized.

"So, do you want to take her place in my court?"

Callie and I looked at each other, surprised by her question. "You could be in it to, Camila." Hearing my name, I looked at Mariana with my eyes widened.

"I think that is a great idea, Mariana." Stef, cheesed. "Um, what do you think, girls?"

I looked at Callie, shrugging. We looked back at Mariana. "Uh, sure, I guess."

We could tell her Moms were making her ask, so even if we didn't want to, we couldn't just object in front of their faces.

"Great." Lena smiled. "We'll just have to hurry and get your guys gown fitted before Saturday."

"We have to wear a gown?" We asked in unison.

"Well, you don't have to do anything." Said Mariana, matter-of-factly.

"And we get to do a waltz." Jesus says, not excited at all. Mariana smiled, excited. "It's gonna be fun."

"Like eating glass." Jesus rolled his eyes.

"Hey, shut it." Stef told him.

"So, who does Callie get to dance with?" Tayla asked.