Chapter 29

Camilla's POV:

The doctor walks in, my stomach and heart dropping to the floor as I catch my breath. James and Marian move closer to me, each drapes an arm around and engulfs me in a hug as we await for the doctor.

"Camilla, I have good and bad news" the calm voice of Dr. Mano breaks the silence. A sigh of relief is released between the three of us as she continues talking, "the good news is that you have not contracted any STIs or have gotten pregnant."

I begin to shed tears as she speaks, Mariana and James pulling me closer and holding me tightly.

"However, your bruises, especially on your stomach, are concerning. In addition, you have broken two ribs, which as you know requires constant rest. There are some lacerations around your lower genital area that need to be stitched up. " her now somber voice speaks.

My heart drops a bit and I lean in. "It's nothing serious" she calmly says, "But, I do want you to rest for the next two weeks as they heal up and an extra week for the ribs. The problem is that you are at risk for internal bleeding and any small traumas, even lifting something heavy, can trigger that."

"Now let me stitch the lacerations" she continues.

James exits and Mariana stays, clutching my hand as the treatment begins. At first I was fine, then a flashback happened of his hands gliding up my thighs and I begins to shake and try to escape. My flashback taking over, "No, stop, please stop! I don't even know you! Why are you doing this?!" I wailed. 

James runs into the room and grips my arms.

He whispered into my ear, "Shhh Camilla, it's just Dr. Mano stitching up lacerations. Her, myself, and Mariana are here to help, don't worry"

I calm down enough for her to preform the stitches as tears stream down my face. After what felt like an eternity, she stands up and walks to her desk. I bury myself in James' chest as him and Mariana clutch me closely. 

"Here. I've prescribed some pain medication for you" she smiles, while scribbling away on her notepad, before continuing "now, you're gonna have to come in again in about a week to get the stitches removed".

"Again, thank you for coming it. You did the right thing" she confidently assures while handing me the paper and hugging me before she leaves.

I gather my stuff and we silently make it outside of the hospital. I call the pharmacy about the prescription and we pick it up while on the way home.

Making our way into the apartment, I collapse on the couch, tears beginning to shed.

Mariana and James quickly join me and pull me into a hug as I shake. 

"Mariana, can you call Mateo and explain to him everything?" I sniffle as tears stream down my face, emphasizing the word everything.

She nods her head and makes her way upstairs, phone already to her ear.

I turn to James and rest my head against his shoulder, my tears only shedding more and more. He wraps his arm around me and pulls me closer as I drape my arms over his neck.

"I won't ever leave you again" he whispers, "I promise."

We stay like that for some time, my tears slowly begin to lighten up. Pulling away, I use the sleeves of my sweater to wipe away my tears.

"Surprised I'm not dehydrated by the amount of tears I've cried" I squeak, attempting to lighten the mood. James smiles before responding, "Cry all you want, I'll be here."

Mariana comes down and describes the conversation she had with Mateo. I notice she has a nervous look on her face, and her phone constantly vibrates.