Chapter 22

2 Days Later...

Camilla's POV:

Today was the second match for Colombia and it was against Paraguay. I was woken up by the loud banging of the team, wanting me to pick a jersey to wear. Walking over, sluched over, still half asleep and quickly opened the door to be met by a wall of jerseys.

"Bacca, give me your jersey" I said, annoyed at the fact that they woke me up so early.

Quickly handed the jersey, the boys quickly noticed I was not in the mood.

"Someone bang on my door an hour before we have to leave. I'm going back to sleep and I better not be woken up" I continued as I began to close the door and quickly heard footsteps and doors closing, leaving me in my peace.

Just in case, I set an alarm for 4:30, and went back to sleep.

3 hours later...

Peacefully, I woke up and checked my phone, noticing I still had three hours to relax. Quickly changing into shorts and shirt, I headed to James' room.

Knocking quickly, I stood in the hallway waiting patiently for the door to open. A few moments later I was greeted by a beautiful sight. James was in the door way, only wearing grey shorts, his hair wet and dripping onto his bare chest, signaling he just took a shower. Mouth open, I stared at his tanned and sculpted body, in awe. My daydream was interrupted by a chuckle and I quickly turned red.

"Um, I wanted to see if you wanted to grab lunch with me?" I stuttered, barely managing to form words.

"Yeah sure, I'll just put on a shirt. I'd invite you in, but the room is a mess, wait right there" he smirked before closing the door to put on a shirt.

Luckily, I had enough time for my tomato red cheeks to return to normal when he returned, this time dressed in a white shirt and paired with black Nike sneakers.

Silently we headed down to the lobby and the city outside, trying to find a place to eat. Eventually, we found the perfect little restaurant and decided to sit outside. We spent the next hour laughing and talking, completely forgetting the incident in the hotel and the one from the club.

After wrapping up lunch, we explored the area around our hotel. We found a small park and explored around there, taking in the warm weather and relaxation before tonight. Eventually, we made it back to the hotel and headed to our rooms for some rest before getting ready.

My alarm sounded, and I quickly got dressed, putting on my white Bacca jersey and pairing it with a pair of red shorts and blue Nikes. I tied my hair up in a high ponytail and wrapped a yellow ribbon around the elastic. By the time I finished getting ready it was 5:00 and I had to head down to meet the rest of the team.

Walking into the lobby, the atmosphere for this match was very different. The boys were now talking, laughing, and having fun ready to take on this match. James was beaming as he was told he could play in the match and eventually we boarded the bus, this time being loud and rambunctious.

Arriving to Rose Bowl, the boys quickly quieted down and began their pre-match routine. While they headed into the changing rooms and Pekerman to the press conference. I stood in a corridor for some time until the boys began to trickle out, taking their time to set up the pitch and begin a quick practice.

After spending some time with the boys in practice, Pekerman quickly noticed my talent for football, so he's letting me help the boys with their training. Like running around them, making them have to steal the ball, dribbling with them, etc.

Eventually, we had to head back for the boys to change into their full kits. Lining up on the pitch, the anthem begins to play, the sounds of all the Colombians belting their anthem rings throughout the stadium.

The whistle blows and the match begins.

After the match...

The boys are leaping around the corridors, jumping on each other, especially on James as he assisted one goal and scored another, and screaming Colombian chants. Heading into the locker room they all begin dancing, a spectacle at which I laugh at and proceed to video, causing the boys to go even crazier.

"We're going to the quarterfinals!" Cuadrado belts at the top of his lungs, causing a roaring cheer throughout the room.

Half an hour after the theatrics and happiness has somewhat died down as the boys trickle out and onto the bus, their chattiness and energy higher than before the match, which I don't understand how thats possible.

Plumping down next to James, I smirk, "Thanks for the goal".

Laughing, he says "I have to give you one every match".

Smiling we continue chatting, I praising him for his skills and the ease at which he goes around attacking the sport, and him blushing slightly at his achievements.

"I mean, I had a pretty good assistant trainer before the match" James snickers.

"Well, I'm sure she could beat your ass any day" I sneer.

"Oh really?" he continues, "then let's go. Tomorrow, during training, we'll have a whole team scrimmage and you and I are going to be captains".

"Be prepared to get your ass kicked James" I smirk, pronouncing his name the English manner, purposefully getting on his nerves.

He stands up and heads to the front of the bus, deliberating with Pekerman for a couple minuted before sitting back down, a huge grin plastered across his face.

"I'm going to guess we can do that" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"Yeah, and you're going to beg for mercy at the end" he sneers.

We continue the bus ride to the hotel trash talking each other and deliberating with the other players on who should be on our team.

As we arrived at the hotel, we all stormed in as one large group, still discussing the teams. Apparently, many of the boys wanted to be on my team, which they called the sure winner.

As we made our way up to our rooms, some followed to mine.

Before going in, I announced to the group, "Listen, I know that most of you want to be on my team, but I will think about it tonight and you shall see tomorrow. Whoever is on my team, well you'll have fun winning, and whoever is on the James' team, well I want to apologize for how badly we are going to kick your asses" I smirk, which is followed by quite a few "oohs".

Quickly changing into my pajamas and getting ready for bed, I climb into my mattress heaven and jot down a list of who I want on my team, including spares incase James picks the ones I want.

When I'm happy with my choices, I leave the list on my nightstand and drift off into a deep sleep, gaining the much needed energy for tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update, I just had a little bit of writers block and also school started today, sadly. But next update will be on Friday.

Thank you all for the reads and votes and comments, they truly mean so much

Pretty heartbroken over the Colombian loss to Brazil today, in my opinion Colombia was better than Brazil the second half but now we have to wait till October for more national team matches. It's okay though because Real Madrid have a match Saturday, soooo

HALA MADRID Y NADA MAS!