Chapter 27

Camilla's Apartment

Camilla's Apartment

Mariana's POV:

I arrived in Madrid the day after after I talked with Camilla. There wasn't a sooner flight, and let's just say I almost punched the airline representative. Running up the stairs to the apartment, I rummage through my multitude of keys, attempting to find the one that I will never take off.

Finally, I find the right one and with a click I enter my old apartment. The shades were drawn, casting the whole first floor in dark shadows, a few lamps were lighten up so one could make their way around. Slowly walking in, I set my bags on the coach, astonished by how much has changed but yet how little has.

The kitchen was strewn with takeout dishes that look as though they were recently ordered, which was quite unlike Camilla because she loved cooking. I make my way up the wooden stairs before I reach her room.

Knocking, I enter her dark room and am met by a sight that broke my heart. Camilla was covered in her sheets, tissues surrounding her and quiet music playing off her phone.

"Oh, Camilla" I whisper making my way over.

She rises out of bed, her face stained with tears, to greet me.

"Mariana" she mumbles.

"Shh, it's okay" I say while lying down next to her, "It's okay, I'm here".

She cries into my sweater before managing to say some words.

"Why did you come?" she asks sniffling.

"Is that even a question?" I smirk, "Our promise was that if we ever need each other, we drop everything and go" I finish.

She manages a small smile before it quickly disappears and we're left in silence.

James' POV:

Ospina drove me to the airport as the boys still had two weeks before they were meeting us in Madrid. The entire car ride I was calling Camilla but she wasn't picking up and eventually her voicemail was full.

"James, call me when you get there and when you see her. Tell her that we all want to beat this guy's ass and that we'll be there in two weeks" David assures as I was climbing out of the car to the airport.

The flight would be about seven hours, but I knew that time would pass quickly as all I could think about was her.

After the flight...

Landing in Madrid, I rushed past customs and grabbed my luggage before hailing a taxi.Barely managing to tell the driver Camilla's address, I dial Mariana's number to tell her that I'm on my way.

We stay on the phone until I reach the apartment. Sprinting up the stairs to her door, I'm greeted by Mariana already in the doorway.

"Mariana, where is she?" I frantically say, looking around the darkened apartment as I throw my luggage to the side.