Chapter 13

Camilla's POV:

The light from the windows shines into my room and I slowly wake up. My pillow damp and my eyes stinging from the tears of last night. I glance over to my nightstand and notice that it is 9:00 in the morning. Luckily, it's the first Saturday of the month so I am only on call. But something else catches my eye.

I reach over and pick up the pieces of paper on the nightstand and pull them closer. The paper on top is a note, from James.

Good morning Camilla,

If you're reading this, then you must have woken up. I'm sorry I didn't stay but today is El Clasico I know how one of your dreams is to see an El Clasico at Santiago Bernabéu, and that is what is going to happen. I left you a ticket for the front row right next to Real's warm-up area, and a VIP pass so you can come to the locker rooms after.

Can't wait to see your beautiful face,

James

Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! I'm actually going to El Clasico today, at my dream stadium! I pull my phone from it's charger and begin dialing the number I know by heart. 

Mariana: Hey Camilla, sorry I didn't call last night, I got to the hotel and actually passed out.

Her laughter echoed through the phone and I could already feel the tears coming.

Me: I understand, I called to see how are you and also, I have some pretty good news. 

Mariana: Let me guess, you are going on a trip around Africa. Wait, no, you've finally realized that you can secretly fly a plane and are going to become a pilot. Wait, no, you'v-

Me: Oh my god Mariana, hahaha. None of those, but those would be so cool. I'm going to El Clasico.

The second I finish, screams erupt from her side while laughter erupts from my side. I begin to tell her everything that happened since she left, and in return she tells me everything about Paris.

We stay on the line for about three hours, crying, laughing, screaming, talking, etc.

The call ends due to the fact she needs to go tour the hospital and I need to start getting ready for the match.

I quickly shower, throw on some light makeup and pull my hair into a loose high ponytail.

I come out of the bathroom around twenty minutes later to pick out my clothes. I decide to wear my white James jersey and pair it with dark blue ripped jeans. In addition, I wear my black Nikes and a pastel yellow cross-body purse. 

By the time I finish, it's already 12:30 and I quickly scarf down leftovers of the Chinese food from last night. I leave my apartment around 1:00, and arrive to the stadium fifteen minutes later.

Steeping out of my Jeep, I'm surrounded by a sea of white jerseys, all reflecting the home team of Real Madrid.  People are already screaming "Hala Madrid y Nada Más" while a few Barca fans quickly weave their way through, while staying silent.

I make my way over to the stands and quickly sit down. The players are already on the pitch warming up. After about five minutes, some of the players begin noticing me and make their way over. We exchange words before Ancelotti yells at them.

Right before they return to the locker rooms, James makes his way over.

"Hey, I'm so glad you made it!" He exclaims. 

"I wouldn't miss it for the world" I add back, my cheeks already gaining some color.

He laughs, and before he runs off, I quickly add, "You better score a goal for me".