Chapter 3

James POV:

As I'm leaving the hospital with my small cast, hobbling down the street, I can't help but smile at what just happened. Entering the hospital, I was pissed off that I was injured. Carlo Ancelotti, my coach, urged me to go in case of a serious injury. But leaving the hospital, all this anger and annoyance melted away.

A twisted ankle isn't that bad, and I was wondering why Dr. Fuentes said and orthopedic surgeon would be attending me, but I am overjoyed that there was one. This surgeon like any other surgeon I have met. Heck, this girl isn't like any other girl I've met. The way her little dimples peek put whenever she smiles, or her chocolate brown eyes twinkle with a sense of passion, and her long pony tail with small hazelnut strands framing her face.

Oh James get it together, she probably has a boyfriend with her funny personality and beautiful looks. At least I got her number, now I just have to pick a time to call her.

I climb in to my Porsche and thankfully did not twist my ankle I use for driving. I head my way over to the stadium so I can speak with my coach, and get some workouts in that don't require the use of my ankle. The drive is fairly short, only 30 minutes, but it goes by quickly as I quietly sing along to Enrique Iglesias, Paulina Rubio, and a little bit of Chris Brown.

I turn into the parking lot and park the car, making my way over to the changing rooms, I can already see all the boys at practice. Quickly changing, I hobble over to Ancelotti and start discussing my injury. I tell him Camilla told me about not practicing for a week and El Classico. On the topic of the El Classico, I ask, with a hopeful look on my face, "Coach, will I be able to play in the match" .

He's silent for a few moments, and with a stern voice discloses, "Let's see how your training is next week. I want you at 100% for the match. If you can't show my that during training, then you shall be a substitute".

I nod understanding the amount of work and effort that I will gladly commit during the training next week.

I hustle over on to the pitch and start doing ab and upper body exercises. I also occasionally kick the ball around just to start preparing for the coming week. About an hour later, training is over and the boys and I make our way to the changing room.

"James, how are you feeling man" inquires Sergio.

"I'm fine, coach said that if I can prove myself during training next week, then I can play in El Classico, if not, then I'll be a substitute" I retort back, with disappointment in my voice at the end.

"Oh that's not that bad. But I was referring to something else' he smirks back.

I sit there perplexed, what else could he be talking about.

"The doctor you idiot!" shouts Cris from across the room.

"Oh her", I can already feel my cheeks turning red, "yeah, I got her number, now I just have to decide when to call her" I shyly respond back.

Chuckles erupt around the room, accompanied with some "good job James", or "way to go".

I just sit there, laughing at their remarks, and trying to figure out when to call her.

About 20 minutes later, I've changed and am heading to my car with Cris and Sergio.

"You should call her and ask to come to training tomorrow" implies Cris.

I just walk silently, nodding my head and thinking about the possibility. I climb into my car, waving by to the boys, and begin my 15 minute drive home. I live in a pretty big house, but I only got it this big because the boys come over regularly. Otherwise, it's usually just me alone and it can get pretty lonely.

I throw my duffle bag onto my coach and head to the kitchen. Pulling out leftover lasagna from the other night, I quickly heat it up and scarf it down. By the time I'm done, my eyes are already closing so I head on upstairs to get ready for bed.

About 15 minutes later, I'm lying in bed with my pj bottoms and no shirt. My phone is the only source of light in the otherwise pitch black room. My finger hovers over her name, do I call or not.

I decide about a couple moments later.

My finger presses the call button, and I wait. After the second ring she picks up.

"Hello, this is Camilla Cortez" she states inquisitively

"Hi Camilla, it's James. James Rodriguez" I reply with a slight laugh in my voice.

-------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:

Hey guys, thank you all for the reads. I
honestly didn't think anyone would read lol.

But please comment and vote and what not thanks!

Oh what's gonna happen next. Will James ask her to training or not?

Read and find out.