Prank War

This one was requested by christismysaviour, also know as Emily in our role-playing. I tweaked it a bit, but I hope you still like it! Also, you'll need to watch the video to understand one of the pranks Emily pulls. Thanks for reading! :)

        Joel smiled to himself, preparing the prank that he was about to pull on his oldest daughter, Emily. He had put whipped cream in her pillowcase, and cold marbles under the covers. He heard her downstairs, and slipped out quickly. Moriah met him in the hallway, a curious look on her face.

     "What were you doing in Emily's bedroom?" He put a finger to his lips, and then she came upstairs, a tired look on her face.

     "Hey, dad." She smiled weakly. She had been diagnosed with chron's, and had just gotten out of the hospital again.
     "Hey Emmy. Boring there again?" She nodded.
      "You would not even believe it. The nurse I had was grumpy, and wouldn't even let me play music." He shook his head.
       "Well, we can do something tomorrow. Sound good?" She nodded, smiling a little brighter.
       "Awesome. Could Rebecca maybe come over tomorrow? She texted me and said she's back for Christmas." Joel grinned.
       "Sure. So long as she doesn't already have plans with Connor." She nodded, going in her room and closing the door. Joel stood by the door, and Moriah had her hands on her hips. Then, there was a shriek.

      "Dad!!" She opened the door, a glare on her face.
     "That was really cold! And now my bed has whipped cream all over it!" He laughed, and she finally smiled.
      "Alright. That was a good one, I have to admit. But this isn't over yet." He smirked.
      "I'd be disappointed if it was already." She gave him a sly grin. 
      "Oh, I've got some ideas. You'd better watch your back." She closed the door again, and Moriah shook her head. 
      "Oh, you two. Did you really have to do that, Joel?" He smiled, wrapping his arms around her and kissing her.
      "You could tell she missed it." He said quietly, their foreheads touching. He gently led her into their room, gently moving his hands to her waist and kissing her again.

       "Hey, not right now, Joely. Tomorrow. Right now, we need to get some sleep, and Emily needs it as well. If she hears us, that won't go well." Moriah whispered, her arms around his neck. He smiled slightly, and nodded.
      "Alright. I'll hold you to that." She smiled, moving away to get her pajamas. He chuckled, doing the same.
      "Well, I look forward to it." She laughed quietly, changing and laying down.
      "Goodnight, love." He said quietly, laying down and wrapping an arm around her waist. The next morning, Emily was up first, and had a plan laid out. She got food coloring, and put some red dye in the milk. Then, she made some frozen waffles, popping them in the toaster. Joel came downstairs to find her at the table with them, syrup spread on them.

      "Good morning, Emmy. Sleep well?" She nodded, and he smiled, getting out the Captain Crunch. He also got a bowl and spoon, sitting across from her. She tried not to laugh as he poured the cereal. He then poured some milk, yelling in shock as he saw blood red liquid instead of creamy white milk.

       "Emmy!" She roared with laughter, and Moriah walked in a couple minutes later.
       "What happened?" Joel showed her the red milk, and she laughed.
       "Okay, now that's a good one. Oh, and, Emmy? Rebecca is coming over in about three hours. She will be going out with Connor tonight, so she'll back able to be here for a few hours, he'll pick her up here, and then she'll spend the night. So NO pranking her. Understand?" Joel and Emily nodded, and Moriah sat down with the cereal she had been getting as she talked. Later, Emily had the perfect prank ready. The next time someone opened the door to the hall bathroom, they would get blue cheese dressing all over them. Rebecca got there not long after, and hugged her younger cousin.

       "Hey, Emmy! How's being a junior going?" She groaned.  
       "So. Much. Work! How's being a college freshman?" Becki shrugged, smiling.
      "It's pretty cool. Its been interesting, trying to get used to doing little stuff by myself with only one arm." She smiled at Emmy, and then Joel and Moriah came in, hugging her as well.

       "So, how was the drive?" Moriah asked, smiling.
      "It went pretty well. Oh, I'll be right back. I've got to use the restroom." Emily's eyes widened as she put her hand on the knob.
      "No, Becki! Don't!" But....it was too late. She opened the door, and the blue cheese dressing dumped all over her. She froze, her mouth open, and she turned around.

       "So I even want to know?" Emily looked at her parents, and saw Joel trying not to laugh.
       "That was meant for me, wasn't it?" She nodded sheepishly, looking at her cousin and mother. Moriah folded her arms.

       "Does it help any that I didn't mean for it to happen to her?" Her mother shook her head.
       "Not really. Now you get to help clean the mess up, and you can explain to Connor if she's late." She nodded slightly, looking down and going to get a mop and bucket. Rebecca, thankfully, was ready about five minutes before Connor arrived, so Emily didn't have to explain what happened that afternoon. She looked at her dad, who smirked.

       "You know this isn't over, right? This is just the start of a full-out prank war, right, Emmy?" She smiled, nodding.
       "Oh, I know. And trust me, I'll make sure you don't have the last say in things." She grinned, hugging him, and he smirked again.
       "Oh, really? I think I'll have the last say." Moriah laughed, watching the two argue about who would have the last say. She leaned back, smiling. Her little family was crazy, but she loved them. She just hoped she wouldn't be another unintended victim in this whole prank war.