The Proof Of Your Love

Rebecca sat in the corner of the dark cell, praying silently. She knew what they were going to make her do. The nineteen year old had already lost her boyfriend, Connor, as well as her best friend and cousin, Emily. He had started going to Liberty right before all this had started, and he had refused to deny Christ before Ryder Nicholas, who had been identified as the antichrist. Emily, had also refused to deny Christ. Rebecca has watched, sobbing, as she had been shot in front of thousands of people. Suddenly, a guard came in. He grabbed her wrist, yanking her up. She cried out in pain as it cracked, probably breaking. As she was practically dragged to wherever it was, guards kept kicking and punching her, laughing and jeering. When the my got there, she was dragged up in front of Ryder and about fifty others. She saw a camera there, and guessed this was on tv, and live. Ryder stood, smirking down at her.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Miss Smallbone. I remember the day I killed that cousin of yours." Rebecca stared him straight in the eye, refusing to let the pain and anger she felt show.

"You've been a slippery little sewer rat. Guess God finally gave up on you." She smiled slightly, despite the pain she felt.
"Not even close." She said quietly, her chest feeling like it was on fire. He laughed, coming closer. He stood there, staring her right in the eye. Then, he slapped her, knocking her to the floor.

"I have to admit, I'm quite impressed. In fact, I truly hate the fact that I have to kill you. So....I'll give you one chance to save your life. All you have to do is tell me one thing." She looked up, feeling the blood trickling down her cheek.
"What do you want to know?" She gasped, somehow managing to stand. In another part of the world, her dad, Luke, uncle Joel, aunt Moriah, and their bands sat, watching and praying for her.

"I want to know where your family is. Tell me where they are, and you get to live. None of my guards may harm you. Just tell me the location of any and all safe houses you heretics have." Her dad watched, praying silently.
"God, give her the strength." She smiled slightly, looking at him.
"So...just give you the locations? Their lives for mine?" He smirked.
"That's all it is. Where are they." She laughed, and Luke smiled. It sounded like an angel. He had already lost Courtney and Jude. Phoenix had gotten sick, and because they didn't have what he needed, he had died.

"No. I won't. I won't tell you where they are." She closed her eyes, and Ryder gestured to a couple young soldiers. They were maybe eighteen years old, if that. She started singing, and everyone froze.

"If I sing, but don't have love, I waste my breath. With every song I bring an empty voice, a hollow noise. If I speak with a silver tongue but don't have love, I leave a bitter taste with every word I say. So let my life be the proof, the proof of your love. Let my love look like you and what you're made of. How you lived, how you died, love is sacrifice. So let my life be the proof, the proof of your love." Ryder's face was bright red, and he gave the two a signal, his hand raised in the air. They raised their rifles, and she smiled, a look of peace on her face. Then, she started singing again.

"Oh, let this be where I'll die. My Lord, with thee, crucified. Be lifted high as my kingdoms fall. Once and for all." He dropped his hand, and they fired. She dropped to her knees, and slumped forward, still smiling. Joel and Moriah gasped, and Luke cried out, the pain and sorrow evident. He closed his eyes.

"No! God, no! Please!" He sobbed, watching as Ryder smiled, pleased with himself.
"Let this be a lesson. This is what will happen of you continue to defy me." Luke looked up, his eyes already red.
"Yes. It is a lesson." He said quietly, smiling sadly.
"If a nineteen year old girl can stand up to you, and stand for God, why shouldn't we all?" He stood, still angry, hurt, and full of sorrow, but filled with a new hope. Six weeks later, he stood before Ryder, having been caught heading for Israel.

"Well. Now you. I was quite pleased to give the order to kill your daughter. I'm sure you'll have more sense than s he did. Bow before me, accept I am god, and you can live." Luke laughed, remembering that day.
"She had more sense than any of us. I will never bow before you. I'd rather die first." Ryder shook his head.
"You Smallbones are all the same. I'll do this one." He took the pistol from one of the same young adults that had killed Rebecca, and he fired three shots. The last thing Luke remembered was Ryder laughing. He closed his eyes, whispering one last sentence.

"Let my life be the proof of your love." Then, everything went black. Then, Luke saw four people standing there. Courtney, Rebecca, Jude, and Phoenix. He nearly cried, running towards them. It turned into the biggest group hug ever.

"I think that was the bravest thing I've ever seen." Luke told Rebecca, who smiled.
"I meant every word I said and sang. C'mon. We've got plenty of time now." The five of them headed in the gates, holding hands, and happier than they'd ever been. And they had eternity with each other and their heavenly father. Rebecca's biological mother was there as well, and Luke and Courtney spent time talking with her. Things were finally perfect. And there would be no more sorrow, pain, fear, or anger. And the whole Smallbone family spent eternity with each other and worshipping their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Because this was what they had lived for. Every single day. And their lives were the proof of his love.