Sweet Addition

Luke was heading out of a meeting, Joel beside him. Rebecca hadn't been there, and they were both really confused.

     "Where do you think she was?" Joel shrugged.
     "Beats me. It must've been important, or she wouldn't have missed it." Just then, Luke's phone rang.
      "Hello?" He smiled when he heard who it was. His son-in-law, Connor. He and Rebecca had been married for about two years.

      "Hi. Listen, when you get a chance, you can come on over to the hospital." Luke's eyes widened.
      "Is she-" Connor cut him off.
      "They're both fine. It's a girl." Luke laughed.
      "Well, then! I'm on my way, and Joel is coming with me." He hung up, and headed for the car, Joel close behind.
        "I'm on the way with you where?!" We got in, and Luke started the car.
        "On the way with me to....oh, wow. I feel old now. On the way to meet my new granddaughter." Joel laughed, and we headed off.
        "Did they say her name yet?" He shook his head.
       "Not yet. You know Emily's going to freak out, right?" He chuckled.
      "Yup. And Courtney. And this means mum and dad are great-grandparents now." He grinned, picking up the phone.
       "Dare I call and tell them right now?" Luke chuckled.
      "Just call Courtney, alright?" Joel smiled, and dialed. She picked up, and he explained. She said she'd be there in 20 minutes with Jude, Phoenix, and Blaire. We pulled up, and Connor met us in the lobby. He smiled, and Luke grinned at him, recognizing the look in his eyes. Exhausted, but at the same time, proud.

     "Hey. Rebecca asked me to bring you up when you got here." He nodded, putting his phone back in his pocket.
      "Well then, lead the way." They headed up, and he led them to her room. He opened the door, and they heard a quiet cry as he did. Luke smiled, catching sight of his oldest daughter, who smiled back when she saw him. He chuckled, going over to see the new baby.

      "I promised myself I wasn't going to cry, but now..." He laughed quietly, and she smiled up at him.
      "I cried too, if that makes you feel any better. Her name is Tinley Hope." Tinley opened her eyes, looking up at her grandfather. He smiled, and looked at Rebecca.
      "May I?" She nodded, handing her to him. He chuckled slightly as she watched him, and she yawned, waving a tiny fist in the air. Rebecca watched her father and daughter, smiling and proud. A few minutes later, her mother and siblings came in. Jude went over to Luke, sitting beside him.

      "Becki, may I hold her?" The ten year old asked, looking at her.
      "If you're right beside mum or dad, that's fine. But be careful." Courtney sat on the other side of Jude as Luke handed Tinley to him. He grinned.
       "So is she my cousin?" Courtney shook her head.
       "No. She's your niece. You're her uncle Jude." He blinked.
       "Really? I thought I had to be as old as uncle Ben or aunt Libby." Everyone laughed, and five year old Blaire climbed on Luke's lap.
       "She tiny. Why she so tiny?" Joel chuckled.
       "She'll get bigger, Blaire bear. Tinley's only a few hours old." She nodded.
       "She a pwetty baby. You pwetty, Tinwey." Rebecca smiled, and Connor laughed quietly.
       "You know where she gets that, Blaire? She gets that from her mama." She grinned, looking at Rebecca, who was blushing.
       "Yup! She gonna be as pwetty as Becki!" Jude gave Tinley to Courtney, who was visibly choking down tears.
      "I feel old now that I've got a granddaughter." Luke laughed quietly, scooting over as Jude got up. About an hour later, Courtney, Jude, Phoenix, and Blaire left. Soon after, Moriah, Rachel, Will, and Westen came, also cooing over little Tinley. Emily came soon after they left, carrying her camera with her. Emily's favorite picture was one of Rebecca holding Tinley, with Connor standing beside her and looking down. That evening, as the newest family member slept, the young couple simply sat there, marveling over the tiny girl.

      "Well, that was definitely worth it." Rebecca sighed, smiling.
      "What did we ever do to deserve her?" She whispered, trying not to cry. Connor smiled.
      "We didn't do anything. God just blessed us." She nodded, letting a couple tears slip down.
       "That he did."