All the Time in the World

"I like this one. I want this one,"

"Gattina, we've only seen the kitchen-"

"I love it. It's beautiful. Look at the view Javier!" I pointed to the huge glass wall-much like the penthouse in LA. The city was vibrant.

I'd made Javier wait to look through the apartment until it was dark so I could see the view.

It was gorgeous. Lights and people and busyness. I loved it.

This one was perfect. It was a small penthouse and we were about to pay way too much for such little space. But it was perfect. It was open-the door opened to the kitchen and the living room. The glass wall always in view.

"Baby, this is a home we're talking about. You need to choose wisely," of course, Javier, the more calculating one of us, was looking at every little inch of space.

"But I love it. It's my favorite one yet-"

"You said that about the last one," he retorted with a small smile.

"But that one didn't have this view. We literally have the best view in the city. AND we're on the very top! The other one was second to the top. And it's so modern and sleek. We're in the middle of everything! Look at this! Imagine coming home to this view every night.."

"And, the water pressure is fantastic. This one won't be on the market for too long, either. Such great space for such a good price..for New York. And a penthouse at that. The view is astounding, and while I'm glad to show you more places, this one is definitely the best. I know it costs a bit more-"

"Money isn't an issue, I just want to know that what I'm buying is exactly what she wants-we want," Javier said the the realtor. She was a nice young woman with gorgeous blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes. I was a little jealous of her, but she was very sweet.

"Ah, yes. I understand. Is there anything you'd change about it?"

"No."

"Yes."

Of course there is something to change. Javier and his I-could-do-better attitude.

"And what would you change?" She asked, perplexed. I'm sure she didn't get customers this needy too often.

"I'd like there to be another room. There should be another room." He said

"Excuse me if this offends you..but don't the two of you..."

"Sleep together? Yes. But I need another room."

"Do you mind me asking what you'd need it for? I could probably help you figure out a better way to use your space.."

"Oh no, this requires a room. I want a room. This is beautiful, but not enough space for us."

"Well is it for a future child or-"

"No."

"A pet? Pets are allowed but one that requires its own roo-"

"I need a playroom. A sex room. Does that answer your question?" He raised his eyebrow, looking at her flushed face. She stumbled for a reply as I inwardly cringed.

Why was this man so open?

"U-um..yes I apologize for prying..could it be in your um your bedroom perhaps?"

"No. I mean it could, but I prefer an entire room. It gets messy."

Oh my god.

Now he was just trying to make her blush even more. The poor girl.