His Paradise

Javier threw me-threw me-into the sleek limo as soon as Gerald politely opened the door for me. He then slammed it shut as if I were a rabid animal and would jump out any second before climbing in the back beside me even though the passenger seat was unoccupied.

Once he was seated, I could see him staring at me from the corner of his eye, but refused to look his way.

He looked away and watched out the window, giving me time to think without his fiery gaze.

I snuck a glance at him, his body was rigid with anger, his jaw was tight in thought.

A notification popped up on my phone, making me jump. Javier was so lost in thought he didn't even acknowledge the loud noise.

Opening my phone and dismissing the Twitter pop up, I scrolled through my phone out boredom.

Going through all of my apps, I found my unfinished book. Fifty Shades of Grey.

I updated my reading position and continued reading.

**
I was so wrapped up in the explicit scene that I didn't notice my heavy breathing and heated cheeks.

"Gerald. Partition." Javier said in his bossy monotone.

"Of course Sir." He replied instantly, and the black wall slowly scrolled between Gerald and us.

No sir. There were no witnesses of the murder, the driver says that the suspect told him to roll up the partition minutes before the attack.

I ignored him and continued my book. You can't just stop at a scene like this.

"Oh my god." I murmured under my breath.

"Fae. What are you doing." his question came out as a command, so I ignored him once again.

Then, my phone was taken from me. At a very compromising scene..

"Give it back!" I screamed. "Gerald! Help!"

He snickered. "Sound proof." He somehow managed to still sound pissed, and any thought of forgiveness left my mind. We wouldn't be making amends any time soon.

"Fifty Shades of Grey? Seriously; still? If I didn't know any better Fae, I'd think you were into this kind of thing." I took note of how he was only calling me Fae.

No nicknames.

"Give me my phone." I replied in the same robotic tone he'd been using.

"No." He looked down at my phone and read through a little. "Hmm." He made little noises, judging the book.

"Spoiler Alert: she leaves him."

And with that one sentence, my world came crashing down. It was as if someone told me that I actually wasn't going to live my dreams, and was actually just going to end up being an unmarried cat lady with hairy legs.

"WHAT THE FUCK JAVIER GODDAMNIT FUCK YOU. UGHHHHH YOURE SUCH A...wait.. You've read it before?"

His eyes widened, telling me that was an accident, but quickly regained his posture so fast I thought I'd imagined it.

He cleared his throat. "Yes."

"What did you think of it?" I asked causally, trying to act like I couldn't care less.