Chapter 15- Enrolled

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 15

Scarlet

I woke up and automatically notice clothes laid out on my bed at my feet. I get up and walked towards it to get a closer look. It was a white long sleeve shirt, a navy blue tie and a dark blue sleevless jacket with a school logo on the left. A dark blue skirt with a lighter blue pattern. Then I notice black doll shoes at my feet and boots. Bewildered, I tried on the clothes, slipped on socks and headed down stairs. My hair bounced as I skipped down the stairs.

Austin was sitting at the dining table eating scrambled eggs and bacon when he noticed me. He was wearing something close to mine but instead, he was wearing a blazer and he wore pants. "You look great," he smiled.

"Why are we matching?"

"Were going to school," he explained.

"That explaines why I am wearing something so oddly familiar to yours," a familiar voice joined in.

I turned around and saw that Ray was wearing the same thing as Austin. "Woah," I cover my mouth. Did I just say that out loud? Ray looked at me, raising a curious brow. "Excuse me?"

"Nothing you look...different," I focus my eyes on my feet.

"Do I?" He smirks. "Enough to get your attention?"

I could feel the blood rising to my cheeks. "L-lets eat!" I stutter and turn my heel to eat at the table. I heard Ray chuckle. Whats up with him? And whats up with me? 

'Well he does look different! Look at him, his hair is almost neat and he looks so handsome.'

I guess.

'Don't you think so Scarlet? Don't deny it. You know he looks goooooood.'

Do not!

Great I'm arguing with myself. Look what you've done Ray! 

'OOoooh what he 'done to you.'

Just shut up!

I stuff the bacon it my mind to focus on food other than my stupid thoughts.

When we finished eating, we headed to school. When we arrived, all the girls paid their attention to Ray. I force myself to lift my head to look at him and he was just looking staight ahead, paying them no attention. I smiled to myself and sighed a sigh of relief. Wait what? No I didnt! What is wrong with me!

Then a girl stepped up and faced Ray. She smiled brightly at him. He smiled back, gave her a pat on the head and continued on his way. The girl's face was bright red and all the girls around us seem to keep whispering about him. For some reason, this made me feel a bit queasy.

 -------- 

I walk into one of my 'classrooms' and I take in my surroundings as all eyes were on me. A lady came up to me and she had her hair in a bun and wore a plain brown top with black dress pants. She wore a small black belt above her waist and it actually seemed more fashionable that way. The lady also wore black heels and a big smile on her face.

"Are you the new student?" She asks me.

"Y-yes..." I tried my best to be polite. "I am  Ms. Brown and I shall be your english teacher." I nodded.

She took me to the front of the room and everybody was eyeing me. "Introduce yourself," Ms. Brown whispered into my ear. I swallow the lump in my throat before doing so. "M-my name is Scarlet," I managed to say from my shyness. Most of the people had a blank expression but some gave me a small smile.