Chapter 12- I don't care

Chapter 12-

*Rays POV*

It was extremely annoying! Austin got his flirt on and Scarlet was in her giggly mode. So much for U.S.A.

When we were finally at his house which took forever! I took MY luggage, introduced myself to Austins granny, went to the room his granny showed me and locked myself in there. Leaning on the bed beside it, I took a deep sigh. I don't like that Austin kid.

I looked around. The room looked calming which I hadnn't quite noticed. I would have if I hadn't lost my composure. I made another deep sigh. 

The walls were dull white, decorated with light brown flowers. The door was a  deep color of brown and the bed frame was too. The color of the sheets were white and light brown, the same design as the walls but the flowers size was larger.

The bed was facing the window and beside the window was  a closet with a dresser right beside it. The dresser had a big mirror attached to it. The wood was a dark color of brown, kind of luxurious I would say. 

I threw my bag right at the closet door which made a loud bang then a thump when it hit the ground. I slumped my shoulders and laid my head back on the bed. Oh life, how much worse can you get? Oh god, now I'm talking to myself. Great. I glanced at the window and the blinds were wide open. I walked towards it to get a good view.

As I got closer, I could see a thin line of pink on the western horizon. It was almost dawn yet I hadn't gotten any comfortable, relaxing sleep. I walked towards the mirror. My reflection shocked me.

I was pale but not as pale as Scarlet and there were bags under my eyes like her. Before I could think more about it, my stomache growled. Geez, when was the last time I ate? Oh yea... hours ago at the airport. I began to walk towards the door and look for the granny when the door creaked open.

"Ah, you're still awake. Have some breakfast," the old lady weakly smiled and set the breakfast tray on the table beside the bed.

"Thank you," I muttered before she left. Before she shut the door behind her, she smiled her kind old lady smile and left. I walked towards the tray and there was 5 stacked pancakes, a bowl of strawberries, a glass of milk and a bottle of syrup.

Wish she was my old granny.

I sat on the bed and munched down the pancakes and drank the milk but of course, I put some syrup on the pancakes.

Just as I was about to grab a strawberry, my door opened. Scarlet stood there, "Can I come in?" was written all over her face. She didn't even bother to talk. I guess she's scared of me? Good for her.

"Sure," I simply said, eating the strawberry.

She came in and sat beside me. "Can I have one?" she gestured to the strawberries. I nodded and she automatically took one large strawberry.

"Granny didn't give you breakfast yet?" 

"Yea she did," Scarlet replied, still nibbling on the strawberry she took.

"Then why do you still look hungry?"

"I didn't want her to cook more so I came here to see if you got left overs," she smiled childishly. 

I made a light snort. "Fatty."

Scarlet glared at me but just rolled her eyes and shrugged, taking another strawberry. We just kept eating strawberries until they were gone.

"Where's Austin?" I broke the ice.

She stared at me blankly then lowered her gaze. "H-he said h-he would t-take me t-to a m-movie if th-thats alright," she stammered. I chuckled and she looked at me, her eyes wide open. "I-I mean, I don't need y-your permission I-I just w-wanted to let you know j-just incase," she quickly added. I just nodded but turned away giggling. 

She made a deep sigh and I felt her slump next to me. Then I felt something on my lap. I looked down, it was Scarlet. Fast asleep. "Tired?" I muttered, smiling. "Oh great now I'm litterally talking to myself," I said under my breath. I took her from my lap, taking her in my arms and setting her on my bed. I picked up the tray and before I left the room, I glanced over my shoulder. Scarlet was on her side, hugging one of the pillows. I quickly left the room and headed to the kitchen. There, I saw granny washing dishes. I set the tray on beside the sink and quietly thanked her. But before I could leave, she called, "Where's Scarlet?" 

I looked back and said, "In my room asleep, why?"

"Oh can you please get her tray?"

To be polite, I accepted and again, before I could leave se called.

"How long have you known her?" granny called over the noise of the running water.

"A while," I actually didn't know exactly because I never really kept count so that's all I could come up with.

"Do you like her?" granny suddenly asked. I could tell she was smiling with her back facing me.

"I will go get the plate now," and with that I ended the conversation, heading to Scarlets room, wherever that was.

That never really occured to me... Do I like her?

I don't think so.

Do I?