[ 19.2 ]

'Sweet child, come to the light...' mother's whisper shifted from side to side as if she was everywhere. I turned and saw a ray of light amidst the dark, and mother stood under it, on her long white dress that danced with the wind, flowing smoothly down her bare feet. Beside her stands a good sized looking-glass reflecting nothing but the dark. The light was blinding and I couldn't take a glace at her eyes, her form was the only thing vivid to me. 'Safirah...touch the snow under my feet, feel the winds of the North, fear not, for I will keep you warm with my love.'

'I don't understand, mother. What are you trying to tell me?' And I stepped closer to reach her. Inch by inch, I walked in the dark. I couldn't feel myself, nothing but remorse. My heart drummed wildly as I made another step. I couldn't see myself, and even in my dream, I am still afraid of the dark.

'Come child, come into the light. Let my voice guide your path...come,' her last words faded away until she was gone. She was almost at my reach and now her form vanished to the light. Nothing remained but the mirror. I finally stepped into the light, motioned near the mirror to take a peek, slowly, as if I am afraid of what I might see...closer and closer until the mirror reflected an image of ...'a black dragon.'