Chapter Four

Chapter Four

*Zayn's POV*

I wake up to the sun in my face. We don't have any windows in our bedroom. What the he--

Oh. Yeah. The fight, I feel bad for it now, I probably overreacted. I know that I overreacted, everyone has off days, no one can be happy all of the time, and I shouldn't expect Liam to be constantly in a good mood. I'll go home, and I'll apoligize.

I don't even know how to apologize first. When we get into a fight, Liam is always the first one to back down, he's almost always the first to give in, but I think this time he won't. I won't let my overreactive attitude ruin our relationship, I love Liam, and I'm not ready to let him go, I'll never be ready to let him go.

I check the time on my phone, it's almost 10 o'clock. I should have just enough time to figure out a way to tell Liam that I'm sorry before he gets home from work. I finally roll of the bed and walk into the Niall's kitchen.

I find a note on the counter:

Morning Zayn! I got called into work, apparently the new guy messed up or something, but you probably don't care. There's food in the fridge, go ahead and help yourself [I'm sure you would've anyway] If you're still not ready to work things out with Liam you're welcome to stay, but Harry's coming overtonight and don't think that I'm going to hold back just because you're here ;). You should really call him or something though! I'm sure he didn't mean it! -Niall

As dorky as Niall is, he's right. I need to fix things between us, or we need to at least talk about things. As soon as I finish raiding the pantry for breakfast, I head back towards the guest bedroom and start to pack up my things. I also text Niall, telling him that I'm going to go back home. I'll be waiting for Liam to get home from work, and we will talk about what we both said last night, even if I have to tie him to a chair.

I decide to walk home, I didn't want to in the dark last night but it really only takes about a half an hour. I stop at the grocery store about half-way in between our houses and pick up some of Liam's favorite food. Softening him up with food couldn't hurt anything, as long as I can manage to make things correctly. I've been known not to at times.

When I get home I'm surprised to find that the livingroom is covered with shattered pieces of glass. When I look at the pieces closely I realize that they were part of a beautiful glass vase that Liam's mom had gotten us as a present when we first moved into the flat. Surely it was an accident, Liam would never intentionally break something that his mom had given him, he cares about her too much. But the way the the glass is shattered all over the living room, he almost had to of meant to do it. I finally find the biggest piece all the way against the wall on the other side of the room. He must of gotten angry and thrown the vase. Was it because that he was mad that I had left, or was it something else?

I hurry to our room, wanting to make sure that nothing else precious of ours had been broken. When I first walk into the room I'm confused. His side of the bed is still made. At first I think that maybe he slept on the couch last night, but no. I made the bed before I left last night. I pull back the wrinkled covers on my side of the bed, and my eyes begin to water just a little at what I see.

My hoodie. My favorite hoodie, the one he gave me for Christmas last year.

He slept with my hoodie, he must feel bad for our fight.

I clean up the living room before I do anything else, carefully making sure that no glass pieces are left on the floor, no matter how small they are. A piece of glass in someone's foot would hurt like a b*tch.

After I finish scouring the room for bits of glass I work on the park painting a bit more, adding another layer of colors to the elaborate mixture. Soon it's two o'clock, and I decide to hop in the shower quickly before beginning to make the food for tonight. I take a much faster shower than the night before, quickly washing my body as compared to the soaking I did yesterday.